Wednesday, November 16, 2011

sephora friends & family haul

So I ordered quite a few things from Sephora for their Friends and Family 20% off sale. 
So much in fact that my package came in this gynormous box. O_O 


As you know, you get 3 free samples for ordering online. I also had a 100-point perk from my order last Christmas so I got the "hope in a jar" moisturizer. Is it just me or does it have an awful stench?! I used it once and it smelled all chemically. Haven't used any of the fragrance samples yet since I am not exactly lacking in that department with my other orders (see below).



Stocking up on a favorite. I never use to use moisturizer except for the Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer which contains salicylic acid for my acne and then when I was living with Tanya in Stockton, I noticed she'd always use the "Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion" so I decided to give the moisturizing gel a shot. I got the gel when it first came out with their 3-step skincare line but it didn't do much for me so I stopped using it. The moisturizing gel actually works really well. I bought the extra large bottle (the one with the pump) last year and I barely finished using it so it was time to re-stock.


I've always been interested in the use of "highlighters" so I decided to give this a try. I've only used it once so far so I can't really give a too great review. I don't really notice a difference though :/


So after getting a tiny sample of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with my Naked Palette I decided to get the full size version with the new packaging. 


Since my birthday was coming up, I also got to add the Birthday Gift with my order :). 
Smells very good.



One of the 2 fragrances that I bought. I bought the gift set since it was more bang for the buck.


I started watching a lot of YouTube make-up gurus lately and all of them rave about the Clarisonic Mia. I decided to give it a try. I started using the Mia on Monday and I've been using it twice daily. It takes some getting used to though because it's so fricken ticklish on and around the nose! So far I've noticed that the pores on my nose have shrunken dramatically! I feel like the spinning of the bristles actually loosens all the blackheads and whiteheads so that my pores can shrink. I was worried that it would break me out since I heard that there's a test period where the Clarisonic will actually bring up all the dirt so that you end up breaking out. 



This is the fragrance I've been wearing for the longest time. Just getting my second bottle. I like this fragrance a lot but it is quite strong and Tony says it can smell old-lady-ish lol. I think it's 'cause it's Chanel. But either way, I love that this scent is super long lasting. 

And this concludes my Sephora Friends & Family Haul! 
Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...