Friday, January 10, 2014

November: Month in Review Part 1


Nov. 1st-3rd: Weekend in NorCal for Linda's Wedding

Flew into SFO on Friday night and stayed with my friends Lauren and Jason in Castro Valley. On Saturday morning we had to get up early to help with the tea ceremony. It was a really nice Vietnamese tea ceremony at Linda's house and then they went to Will's house to do the Chinese tea ceremony. We got a little break between the tea ceremony and the actual wedding ceremony at the chapel at the University of the Pacific so we went back to Lauren and Jason's to take a nap. After the chapel we headed to the Chinese restaurant to help the wedding coordinator set up the wedding favors and other little nick-nacks for the reception.











The day after the wedding we went to have brunch at Denica's Real Food Kitchen in Dublin. It was pretty tasty food. We then went to see Ender's Game. Thought it was a pretty good movie but then again I haven't read the book. I was actually really surprised at the end but I had suspected it since they all looked so nervous. After the movie we quickly browsed around at the outlets and then went back to Lauren and Jason's house to pack up for our flight back to San Diego.



I've never flown into or out of SFO before but that airport is absolutely ooozing swag. It does't feel like an airport at all... but then again we flew Virgin Airlines and apparently they had remodeled that area recently.



We got to the airport a bit early so we decided to get a light snack before the flight. We stopped at Cat Cora's Kitchen.

something strong lol (can't remember the name) and farmer's market bloody mary
chef selected cheeses


Nov. 4th-6th: Work


Nov. 7th-8th: Viewing and Funeral

On Thursday I drove back to the SGV for my grandmother's viewing and then Friday morning was the funeral.



After the viewing on Thursday night, my mom and I opted for take out comfort food.




After the funeral on Friday we went to eat buffet with the family. After lunch we went home for a nap and then met up with some friends in the area around the Grove and Melrose for some grub and drinks.








Nov. 9th-10th: Christina's Bachelorette in Santa Barbara

On Saturday morning we started our journey to Santa Barbara for Christina's Bachelorette. First thing on our agenda of things to do was horseback riding. I've never gone horseback riding before so I didn't know what to expect but it was a lot harder than I thought! There were points where I was struggling to stay on the horse. My horse was a little piggy 'cause he kept trying to eat during the trail and they aren't supposed to.



drinking in the lodge after horseback riding

loved all of anna's decorations and favors for the bachelorette! 


On Sunday, we packed up our stuff and headed to brunch at Scarlet Begonia. Such a beautiful cafe/restaurant! It really reminds me of Venice, Italy and people eating outdoors in little courtyards.







Nov. 11th-14th: Work

After work on the 12th we went out to enjoy a movie. I can't remember for the life of me what movie we watched. I believe it was Thor - The Dark World. Really loved Loki in that movie hahaha. I've never been one to like the anyone but the protagonist in any movie but I feel like Tom Hiddleston does such a great job portraying Loki that I honestly believe that he's really Loki lol.

berry frost - soooo good!

On my birthday my coworkers were so sweet to nab me a Despicable Cake. It's cause I "bee-doh" all day in the pharmacy lol.



They also got me these gorgeous flowers. Love the vibrant colors!



The man took me out to dinner at Sushi Ota, one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego.






That pretty much concludes the first part of the month. Part 2 should be coming soon!




2 comments:

  1. your pics from the wedding are super gorg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks missy! i stole the group one from you :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...