Wednesday, February 27, 2013

January 2013: Month in Review


Seems like we were just celebrating the new year and now it's already the end of February! Here's what happened in the month of January.

Jan. 1st-10th: The first 10 days of January consisted of work... work... and more work. I was literally exhausted. It was the busiest time of the year for the pharmacy with insurances changing in combination with flu season being absolutely crazy. I really wanted to quit because I was so tired but I got a 3-day weekend after all that craziness so that was enough to rejuvenate me back to my usual self.

Jan. 11th-13th: A much needed 3-day weekend in which I did absolutely nothing lol. I feel like I need more of these as a grown up. Actually, on the 11th, after the stressful 10 days of working, I realized I needed to buy some anti-aging remedies stat (I make this weird-ass face when I'm QA-ing and it gets my forehead all wrinkly) so I went to the Fashion Valley mall and stopped at both Sephora and Nordstrom. You can read about that little haul here. Other than that, the weekend was literally a blur. Days off these days seriously pass too quickly.

Jan. 14th-18th: Worked all week. Had a nice little break Thursday night when Tony and I went out to enjoy San Diego Restaurant Week with Brit and Virgilio. You can read about our Brooklyn Girl experience here. On Friday night, we ended up going to Pamplemousse Grille with Tony's friends. You can read about that experience here.

Jan. 19th-20th: Another weekend off. Super thankful. My parents came down to visit for the first time. We ended up going to Fashion Valley just to walk around and then my parents got to meet Tony's family for the first time. The meeting actually went really well and they were actually able to communicate so that was good. There were a lot of jokes flying around and it was a fun time for everyone. Sunday was just another lazy Sunday where we watched football. Had Brandon, Brit and Virgilio over and then headed over to Live Wire to meet my cousin and her boyfriend.

Jan. 21st: Worked an early shift and then headed home to get ready for the Muse concert! Got some grub at Cheesecake Factory beforehand. There's seriously only 1 Cheesecake Factory in San Diego so it's always super packed so I took advantage of this weekday to eat there. Yum as usual. Read about and see some videos from the Muse concert here.

Jan. 22nd: Had a bunch of errands to run on my day off. Went to the post office, got a bunch of the new $1 reusable cups from Starbucks for my co-workers, and then went to go get my car washed. I hadn't washed my car since I had moved to San Diego (in September!) so it was filthy. There was this huge nasty stuff all over my hood and the guy said that it might've been eggs! Who the heck would egg poor lil hood is my question! Anyways, they recommended a wax and it ended up being $50. I could've been hella ripped off but I didn't really care 'cause lil hood was so filthy. I used to park near my sprinklers at home and because the water was so hard, I had hella water spots all over so $50 for the wax was worth it. After the errands, we had plans to go out for San Diego Restaurant Week 2 with Tony's family. We ended up choosing Bo-Beau since Tony's coworker said the food was good. You can read all about that after Pamplemousse Grille here. After dinner, I actually had to go into work because they were installing some lights in the pharmacy so they needed to have someone there.

Jan. 23rd-25th: work work work

Jan. 26th-30th: Kimmy and Trung's wedding! Started off the day getting our roof fixed. Brandon was house sitting for us while we got ready. Because I had made some purchases from Radial at Nordstrom, the sales lady asked me to come back to get a free facial with them. It's always nice to get a free facial. My skin was definitely radiating afterwards. I ended up buying a few more items which I'll probably post about later on. After that, I came home and got ready for the wedding. Here are some pictures. I didn't get very many because I left my memory card in my computer! It happens every time!

beautiful

presenting mr. and mrs. nguyen
After the wedding, we just went home since I had started feeling a little sick and Tony was sick too. The next day we went to Tacos el Gordo which was delicious! It was just a little sucky since I was all sniffly and it was really cold but worth it for the yummy food.


After that we went to get Chamango and I think that was the final tipping point. After that I got home and just holed up. I started running a fever and had to call in sick for the next couple of days. Ended up going to the Minute Clinic to see if I had the flu but my symptoms didn't warrant Tamiflu. Ended up having the roofers come over a few times as well since I had time off.

Jan. 31st: First day back at work after being super duper sick. My throat wasn't feeling that great and I was still super congested but I felt good enough. My throat was so sore afterwards but thankfully I had a few days off again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...