Sunday, July 07, 2013

May 2013: Month in Review Part 2

May 13th-15th: Work

After work on the 15th, a friend of mine was in San Diego for Western States Conference so we went to Seaport Village to Sally's for lunch.



king crab sandwich - so effing good





May 16th: We went on our second little movie date. Again, this was after happy hour at Islands. This time we saw The Great Gatsby. Now, I never read the book (I only Spark Noted it all through high school :X), but I liked the movie. The cinematography is very much like Moulin Rouge being that it was directed by Baz Luhrmann. I feel like it's one of those movies my friends and I would have watched on one of our movie dates because it's a movie that kind of makes you think. 

vodka tonic and a mojito


May 17th: On the 17th after work we headed out to the Padres game. It was my first Padres game and also my first time at Petco Park. It's a very nice park; very reminiscent of AT&T Park in San Francisco. 



We were pretty wasted but this screen shot definitely the extent to how out of it we were lol.



May 18th-19th: Work

I worked the weekend but after work on the 18th, we went to check out this new AYCE Korean BBQ place with my coworker. We ordered small intestine and I honestly didn't even expect them to bring out the tubey kind of intestines but it totally made my coworker lose her appetite lol. I have this funny video of her just cringing as the juices are just gushing out of the tubing. 




May 20th: Off. Just vegged out for the entire day.


May 21st-24th: Work

Had work in the morning and rushed back to LA to attend a friend's graduation at CSULB. First, we went out to grab lunch at Savoy Kitchen. I missed me some bomb Hainan Chicken. 



At the graduation. Missing all the times we graduated but definitely not missing school :P.



No graduation photo shoot is complete with out a jumpy picture!



May 25th-26th: Off

My cousins came down for Memorial Day weekend and we ended up hiking to the potato chip rock aka the Mount Woodson Trail. Tough hike for a beginner (and I would consider myself as someone that does little to no exercise lol). I would follow the Yelp suggestions such as bringing 2 water bottles. I felt super lightheaded as we were heading up and there were quite a few times where I had to just stop because I felt like I was having an asthma attack. The trail is pretty much uphill the entire way. I couldn't get myself to go on the rock because I'm extremely afraid of heights lol. Yes, I'm a scaredy cat :P.









After the hike we went to have brunch at The Beach Grass Cafe in Poway.

stuffed french toast (its stuffed with cream cheese!!)

After filling our bellies, we went back to our place and headed to the pool just to lay out and relax. We went into the hot tub to enjoy some muscle relaxation after that intense hike.





May 27th-31st: Work 

It was a tough week with the holiday and all so to end the week, we celebrated with some dranks. 




And that pretty much wraps up May! I shall be tackling June very soon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...