Wednesday, March 20, 2013

February 2013: Month in Review

Feb. 1st-7th: Started off the month having our roof worked on since there was a leak. The roofers came by to do a water test and ended up finding another leak even though they had already "fixed" it. Pretty much stayed home on the first since they were there the entire day trying to repair the leak. I worked that first weekend and ended working until the 7th.

Feb. 8th: Started off the day with a visit to the Minute Clinic. If you haven't already read about it, here's the dealio. So anywho, it's free for employees who have health insurance (other than Kaiser) to go to any Minute Clinic and get their health screening. I have been super nervous about my results since most of my friends know that I'm not exactly the healthiest eater. I was actually surprised myself at my fasting results!


Spent the rest of the day doing house duties like cleaning and laundry. For dinner, we went to Green Flash Brewery to meet up some friends. There was a food truck outside and we ended up getting these Vietnamese wraps. They tasted like Banh Mi wrapped in a tortilla instead of French bread. Pretty tasty.



Feb. 9th-10th: Spent Saturday morning driving up to LA for Chinese New Year lunch with my mom's side of the family. The lunch was surprisingly delicious! I do miss the food up in the San Gabriel Valley... After lunch, we drove back to SD to hang out with Tony's family and attend Brit & Virgilio's Baby Shower.

On Sunday, we had brunch with some friends at Brockton Villa in La Jolla. It was definitely a great way to start out the new year.









cove combo - yumes!


After eating at Brockton Villa, we went to the cemetary and after that we went shopping for some home stuff at Marshalls and Target.

Feb. 11th: Work.

Feb. 12th-13th: After the PIC meeting, I went home and got ready to go out with my friend Tanya who was visiting from NorCal. We decided to hit up our usual ramen spot, Izakaya Masa, since the last time she came down, I was sick and ended up running outside to throw everything up. I wanted to go there again to see what their ramen was all about. It was indeed extremely good.


gyoza



After ramen, we went back to the apartment and watched a movie that was totally down our alley called "For A Good Time Call...". Justin Long is in it and it's so hilarious! Tanya and I were roommates during pharmacy school and being that we both borrowed tons of money for school, we were always thinking of ways to make money. This happened to be one of the ways haha. Brings back memories of those days.

The next morning, before I headed off to work, we went to IHOP and had breakfast. We had a great talk about life and being in the real world. Once in awhile it's nice to reflect on life: how far we've come and how far we still have to go. After that, I headed to work and then Tanya came to visit me at work for dinner.


Feb. 14th: Valentine's Day. I decided to let my staff pharmacists take the earlier shifts since one is newly married and the other newly dating :) so I ended up closing the pharmacy. I came home to lovely presents!  A new laptop and some new clothes. I seriously feel like the luckiest girl in the world (on most days lol) to have found a friend, companion, and just someone that understands me like Tony :).




Feb. 15th: Worked until 7pm and then came home to Mongolian Hot Pot with friends to celebrate Valentine's Day.


de-virginizing our new hookah


Feb. 16th: Drove up to LA for the bestie's birthday celebration! We had a fun day in the park and then deener in Burbank. Here a few pictures from the fun day!

best shot ever!



couples that play together, stay together :P 





who's having fun?!







besties for life!

nam being sexy as usual.

group pic!



sorry we're not sorry for the jumpy picture lol

fab5

happy birthday dear!


Feb. 17th: Super tired from all the traveling from the day before so we ended up spending the morning sleeping and then watching Breaking Dawn Part 2. Holy canoli it was the best one in the entire series! Absolutely LOVED the ending. Of course I cried at the end lol. No surprise there. After the movie, we went to Tony's grandmother's house to celebrate Chinese New Year. As a Chinese person from the San Gabriel Valley, I've never had a cake written in Chinese before and all the way here in San Diego, Tony's family got a cake with Happy New Year written on it!




Feb. 22nd: Some friends from OC/LA area decided to come down for a visit. We decided to go for some drinks. I was only able to scrounge up pictures I took on Instagram and those posted on Facebook since my phone got stolen the next week and I hadn't uploaded them to Dropbox yet :(.




We started off the night at Lion's Share with some drinks and exotic meats. Then we headed out to Candelas On The Bay in Coronado. Things got a little crazy after that. It was probably the smell that got to us lol. It seriously smelled like a porta-potty exploded in the restaurant. It was not pleasant.

apparently i looked like a bad-ass asian emperor, hence the birth of dang dynasty!

Feb. 23rd-24th: It was my weekend to work so we didn't really do much.

Feb. 25th-28th: So my phone got stolen on the 25th by a customer! Lost all my pictures and everything on my phone. Luckily I was able to get my phone back. But not before I got an upgrade. I was using my old 3G iPhone and boy that thing was slow! I couldn't handle it anymore and I upgraded to the iPhone 5 on March 1st after work.

Welps, that pretty much wraps up the month of February! Thanks for reading friends!


Currently listening to:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...