Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Sounds: Joywave


joywave live at 94.9 fm indie jam


We recently went to San Diego's 94.9 FM Independence Jam and I discovered a new love. I'm the kind of person that knows what I like when it comes to music and Joywave is something right down my alley. I just acquired their EP and literally every song on there is amazing. My favorite on the EP How Do You Feel? is probably "Now". It sounds very early 2000's and the lead singer kind of sounds like the lead singer from Phoenix in this particular song. By early 2000's I mean that I can totally picture it being played on Laguna Beach or The OC as the episode wraps up and they show a pan over the beach lol. (Yes, if I wasn't doing pharmacy, I would want to choose the music that gets played in movies, although my music catalogue is pretty limited so I probably wouldn't be very good). Have a listen to their EP below. "Tongues" sounds like Indie Pop with some Electronic influence so if you're into that stuff, you might want to listen to that.
"Somebody New" is probably my second favorite on their EP. It's a flashback to my "goth" days in middle school and makes me want to be in "The Craft" or something lol. (You know me and music that triggers a certain emotion or memory.)


Hope you enjoy this edition of Sunday Sounds and have a great remainder to your weekend!









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...