Wednesday, June 26, 2013

May 2013: Month in Review Part 1


May 1st-2nd: Work. On the first I worked in the morning and then we headed out to Tio Leo's for Brandon's birthday.




May 3rd: Worked in the morning on the 3rd and then we drove to LA that night to celebrate my friend being done with his dissertation defense. 



May 4th: Started the day off with breakfast with the bestie at The Original Pantry Cafe. Bacon and potatoes were bomb. I also followed the advice of fellow Yelpers and got their salsa (they actually bring it to you without you even having to ask). Kind of reminiscent of Denny's but better (if you couldn't tell by he gynormous bacon pieces). The pancake was ok; nothing to write home about. Definitely large portions so you can share and try different items. There's paid parking right across the street or street parking which was plentiful on Saturday when we went. There's a consistent line but it goes pretty quickly. 



After lunch, we headed to the LA Grand Park which they had built to kind of emulate Central Park in New York. We had a little fun trying to do some hadouken poses (which is in my 24 hrs in La La Land post) but they are definitely not as good as the ones from the Japanese. How they jump so high is beyond me. 

twas an extremely beautiful day in LA



two big kids playing at the park; leave it to judy to make a face lol :P

It was the first time I had been back at my parent's house in a long time and I got a little homesick. I took this picture of my homemade bulletin board. It's a bunch of stuff that really brightens my mood. 




May 5th: Had a lazy Sunday back in San Diego. It actually started drizzling by the end of the day so we ended up going to tofu house. Cheap food and great for the cold weather. When will they open a BCD Tofu House in San Diego *cries* lol. 


May 6th-9th: Work

On the 8th we went on our first of many dinner dates to the movies since there are so many super good movies coming out. Started off the evening with Happy Hour at Islands and then we went to see Iron Man 3. I actually really liked the movie but apparently it was "ok" to other people? Whatevs lol. 




May 10th: Channel 933 Summer Kick-Off
You can read more about that here. Before the concert we went to Tiger! Tiger! to grab some grub. Cheap beers and the food was pretty yummies. 



sorry for the half-eaten-ness of the picture but we were starvels!






May 11th-12th: Had the weekend off. Still felt like my stomach was full of booze from the night before so started off the morning with the good ole pho cure. Then we went and did a bit of grocery shopping. After that, I had been wanting to go to Brandy Melville so finally Tony and I ventured to Pacific Beach to go to the store there. Apparently the ones in LA always have a line? This store is pretty huge and no lines. Another plus is that it's right next to Urban Outfitters and there's a parking lot so no street parking needed (it is kind of small though so you may need to park on the street if the lot is full). You can see my Brandy Melville/Urban Outfitters Haul here

things I find at the grocery store :)

On Sunday the 12th we celebrated Mother's Day with Tony's family first by going to a buffet and then going to Tony's grandmother's house. Between the two events we went to Infini Tea for some boba. I had seen a classmate of mine from pharmacy school posting a drink from this place that looked like Half and Half so I had to go try it out. Not too overpriced like how some boba places can be in San Diego and their caramel, pudding, honey boba milk tea drink is a good substitute for Half and Half. My only suggest to them is to get a sealing machine for their drinks. It's pretty hard to mix their drink when the lid can come off and you can't just flip the drink upside down to fully mix it. 

i love pudding! 


That's it for now guys! Part 2 should be coming soon! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...