Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let's get philosophical... Philosophical...

...and I may go, to places I have never been to, just to find
the deepest desires in my mind...


Hi friends!

Life in San Diego has been busy busy! I've been working 40 hour weeks (ha ha yes, I know... like the rest of society lol but I'm used to working only 3 or 4 days lol :P and at a busy store like the one I'm at, it can be extremely draining) and in the little spare time that I actually have, we've been using it to look for furniture to finish off our place. Our place is pretty much fully furnished besides a few decorative items I'd like to have. I will post pictures in about a month or so after I have some people over so you guys will just have to come and see for yourself!

I had the day off today and spent the day getting my oil changed and cooking dinner. I also got to catch up on a two episodes of Once Upon a Time (so addicting!). After the bf got home we watched the Katy Perry movie. Pretty good although my expectations were a little high so I was a little disappointed. They did a much better job with the Justin Bieber movie (yes... I watched that movie lol). It was a bit of a sad movie and reminded me of a time when I was going through similar emotions. I can't even imagine having to put on a brave face to put on an entire concert when you're breaking down on the inside. I've always been a hopeless romantic and extremely emotional and I just remembered times when I would be holding back tears in class, which was especially bad when you sat in the front row.

I think of those times to remind myself of how far I've come and how I'm in such a better place now. Everyone in their own way will go through things that test them, push them to their limits and at times it'll feel like life is going in a downward spiral but it's up to us to take back control of our lives. Giving up is easy. It's picking up the pieces and deciding what to do afterwards that's hard. One of my favorite quotes is from Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." I truly believe that if you can find a way to get over that obstacle, whatever it may be, it will not only make you a stronger person but a better human being. I was talking to my manager the other day and she said something that really touched my heart. She said, "We will do our best to help each other be better human beings." It just made me think that if everyone thought this way, the world would be a much better place.

I got all philosophical on ya'lls all of a sudden haha. Thanks for listening to me ramble on lol. Hope everyone is ready for the weekend! Let's finish this week off right! Love and miss you all!



Currently Listening to: (lyrics featured as caption of photo)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:39 AM

    Have you given any consideration at all with translating your current site in to French? I know a several of translaters right here that will would help you do it for no cost if you wanna get in touch with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no thought of translating my site but thanks for the offer. That would be something amazing to do :). Maybe if I had more readers :).

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:23 PM

    I found your website through a random stroke of luck. It helped me do my research on this topic. I have spent lots of time looking through your site. You have something good going here, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...