Thursday, July 18, 2013

June 2013: Month in Review Part 1


June 1st-2nd: Had the first weekend of the month off. One of my friends from pharmacy school came down for the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon so we met up for lunch at Cafe Chloe. Love the ambiance of this place. Very boho chic. The food wasn't half bad either. It was definitely pretty filling and heavy feeling. If I ever go back I'll probably opt for something on the lighter side like one of their salads. I had their Bloody Mary which was pretty good. Definitely a great place for brunch/lunch.


love the decor

charcuterie (after my drool-worthy pate experience at Westside Tavern,
I had to try the duck pate here. definitely not comparable :()

croque madame

the group
After lunch which ended up being around 4pm, we decided we may want to crash the Padres game. Unfortunately, the prices were way inflated because they were giving away jerseys that day so we decided to head over to Coronado to Candela's on the Bay for some drinks and appetizers. I absolutely love their Grilled Quesadillas which has mushrooms! Yumes for sure. Seriously has one of the best views of Downtown San Diego. Great date spot.

tamarindo martini and one of the berry drinks lol. 

On Sunday, we went to the Belly Up Tavern for the Chvrches concert which you can read about here. It was quite amazing and they've become one of my favorite artists. I am seriously obsessed with the Chvrches station on Pandora.





Before the concert, we headed to Pizza Port. I wasn't overly impressed by their pizza. Tony had hyped it up a lot since I love the Pizza Hut pan pizza so much but if you couldn't tell in the picture below, it was overly cheesy and I'm not a huge fan of cheese. I mean I like cheese in moderation, not "would you like some pizza with your cheese?". I'd be down to try it again but maybe with different toppings and maybe tell them e-z on the cheese lol.



June 3rd-5th: Worked

On the 4th, a few of my coworkers and I were heading out to a comedy show which ended up being sold but that didn't stop us from enjoying the night. Tony and I had dinner at Blue Water Seafood Market and Grill which was delicious! It was actually featured in Triple D and I've been pretty weary of places featured on that show. For me, the places featured never seem to live up to the hype. We had the oyster shooters which were delish and I don't even remember what I ordered and I have no pictures either because I devoured the food almost immediately. Super fresh stuff. Yes there's a line and there's no saving a table before you get seated but seriously, a must try if you love seafood.

#truestory

My coworkers opted to head to PB for dinner instead since it was Taco Tuesday. Look at those margaritas O_O! They were seriously bigger than the size of my head. But yeah.. be prepared for a pee-fest after you're done with that mother of a drink lol.



On Wednesday after work I decided to go get my Smog Check over and done with since my car registration was due soon. Luckily I was doing this ahead of time since my car ended up failing the smog check :(.



June 6th: Off

I ended up having to take my car back to LA since I failed my smog check. Apparently I had an illegal catalytic converter in my car (since I had to replace mine since it got stolen in the Target plaza!). I had lunch with my dad and my uncle who was visiting from Australia at Pho Pasteur.

three ca-lor :P (co-co-nut miew, condenz miew.. ca-lor?)

bun bo hue (my fav)
And here's my outfit of the day:
ootd: kimono from target, save water tank from tjmaxx, jeans from american eagle

Things I miss about LA: Getting this much food for less than $10. Dear Asian business men/women: please move your businesses to San Diego so I can eat please decent Chinese food lol. We went to Ledo Cafe and for $8.95, we got this plate plus soup and a fountain drink or ice tea. Keep in mind that's a huge piece of chicken on top of my piece of steak. Can you say deals?!




June 7th-12th: Work

After work on the 8th we decided to try a new restaurant. We went to Island Style Cafe and the food was pretty good. The smoothie was absolutely delicious. Super large portions and apparently their fried rice is really good because some people came to pick up their take-out and they were completely devastated (I'm not even exaggerating) that they 





Came home from work to a new 3DS and Animal Crossing. Carpel tunnel here I come! (totally not kidding 'cause my wrist hurts like a mother)



Had lunch at Arely's French Bakery. Food is good and not to filling. Makes you feel full but not sluggish. Twas yumes!




June 13th: Off

Drove back to LA again to fix my car since they were apparently going to "buy" the part for me which meant they just went to a difference place to get the smog check done. Went to my old stomping grounds: my old high school. Can't believe it's been 10 years. 



June 14th: Work


That's it for now! Trying to catch up now that July is almost half over!
See you guys soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...