Friday, July 11, 2014

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2014 Haul





It's that time of the year again! Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale! The thing I love about this sale is it mentally prepares you for the Fall/Autumn season (which is my favorite season for fashion). Coats and boots are on sale and you really have to think "Hmmm.. is this something I'll be rocking in the fall?". I mostly bought stuff that I could wear now and also later layered underneath a jacket. Here are some of the items I bought as well as a few pieces I liked but didn't fit into the budget this time around. 



ASTR embroidered sleeveless dress $49.90 (link)

I bought this dress as a back up dress for a wedding I'm attending in August. 
Tony thinks it's not very summery but we'll see. 
I may return this and purchase a few items in the BP section 
(which I didn't even get a chance to go to yesterday!).



ASTR mesh yoke tank - $33.90 (link)

I picked up this top because I love white and it seemed versatile 
enough for work and play. Paired with some faux leather leggings and 
a moto jacket and you can really harden the look up. 
It would also look great tucked into a pencil skirt or slacks. 
I particularly like how the tank dips forward to cover any camel toe 
as well as backwards to cover your caboose with just enough 
mystery to keep'em guessing.



 hinge lace detail three quarter sleeve blouse - $49.90 (link)

Can you really have too many lace tops? I think not lol. This was another 
one of those great for work and play. On the Nordstrom website they toughened 
the look up with a leather jacket and some leggings. For summer, 
I imagine pulling a monochrome look by pairing it with white shorts. 
You can never go wrong with all white in the summer.



topshop cutaway wrap back shell - $44.90 (link)

This was one of those items I grabbed just to try it on and ended up loving. 
I've got pretty broad shoulders from years of swimming and I thought for sure
this would make me look crazy large but it actually looks really nice. 
Since the top is a bit on the cropped side for me (since I have a long torso), 
I would probably wear this with high-waisted shorts for the summer and jeans in the winter. 



 j brand 'maria' high rise skinny jeans - $118.90 (link)

It's been a long time since I've purchased any brand name denim. 
Ever since skinny jeans became popular, I've always had a hard time finding jeans
that fit in the right places. Usually jeans that fit at the waist will be super loose 
at the thigh and ankle area. Plus, I'm only 5' so I'd have to get any jeans
I purchase altered anyways. It just wasn't worth it to spend all that money
on something I couldn't immediately wear. I saw these and felt how soft and stretchy 
they were and nabbed them for the fitting room. Loved them! So confession...
after I purchased these, I ripped the tags off and wore them right away lol. 
And the great thing was the length didn't really matter because I was able to tuck
the extra length underneath and it didn't look bulky or anything. 
Really really really happy with these but I wish they came in more colors!



sam edelman 'palma' suede sandal - $99.90 (link)

The "caged" look has been in for awhile but I never found any that didn't make 
my feet bulge out over the part where you lace it up (not a good look if you know what I mean lol). 
I saw these online and thought they looked nice but nothing special. In-store, I came across
them again and thought I'd just try it on. They were sooo comfortable! They look great with
shorts and jeans and the nude suede really elongates the legs which is something 
that I definitely need. I also tried on the black but it didn't look as nice. 



And here are some picks that I didn't purchase but want to lol. 

bp stripe knit open cardigan $35.90 -  (link)

halogen embellished denim shirt - $64.90 (link)

jolt colorblock faux leather boucle knit coat - $64.90 (link)

kendra scott 'elle' drop earrings - $33.90 (link)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...