Monday, October 17, 2011

october: week 2

october: week 2 
[10/09/11 to 10/15/11]

On Sunday, October 9th, Tony and I just chilled at my house and watched football. We always have a pretty difficult time picking a place to eat and Tony always makes fun of me because I think Pizza Hut has the best pizza (I still think they do lol... although this place is quite equivalent). So we decided to use Yelp to help us decide on a new pizza place to eat at. We decided on Baby Bros Pizza. I was pleasantly surprised! I hate that thin pizza. I love pizza that's like... Pizza Hut pizza lol and this place has definitely got it! We ordered the medium supreme pizza with added pineapples (I love pineapples on pizzas!) and also the potato skins. I would have to say their pizza tastes a little better than Pizza Hut because their ingredients tasted a lot fresher but very delish! Here's a picture.


Ended up working at the 24 hour store on Monday for the morning shift. The amount of traffic at that store is CRAZY. I was alone from 7 till 7:30 and didn't really have much to do but once 8am hit, the phones would not stop ringing! Thank goodness I was done at 4p but it seriously felt like it didn't come soon enough. I returned the 2nd day back to the 24 hour store and this time they mostly had me at the drop-off which was nice because I got to practice typing, especially with insurances. Tuesday was a complete blur and on Wednesday I worked at a much slower store with AMAZING techs/staff so it was fantastic! It's also great when you have a 3 day work week so Wednesday was my "Friday".

On Thursday, October 13th, I took the train down to Solana Beach. I've never taken the train down that direction before. I've only taken the train back to LA from Stockton. Anywhos, it was a bit rockier than I would imagine. The train was swaying so much I could barely even type a post. I took quite a few pictures on the train (plus I was testing out the new HDR pictures on the new iPhone upgrade). Here they are a few of the pictures.

in one surfliner, looking at another
angel's stadium
the famous nipples
After arriving in Solana Beach, we went back to Tony's house and ended up having dinner with his parents at Que Pasa Mexican Grill. The place itself is pretty nice. It's more of a Happy Hour/Sports Bar scene being that they have this huge projector. They give you complimentary chips & salsa and they have this really good cheese dip that tastes like healthy nacho cheese (like a lot lighter and milkier... less yellow lol). I got the tamales and lobster taco. I've never had a lobster taco before but boy this baby was tasty!! The tortilla isn't the best though. It didn't taste very fresh but the flavor of the lobster with all the other ingredients definitely made up for it. Didn't get a chance to snap any pictures at this place since I was eating with Tony's parents lol. We also tried their margaritas which were very tasty as well. Tasted like punch :). Went to do some shopping at Target and CVS since I had a bunch of ExtraBucks I needed to use before they were going to expire and then called it a night since Tony had to go into work the next day.

On Friday, I had lunch with Tony's mom which was super nice. She's such a sweetheart and there's just something about talking to a parent that's not your own... not so much judgement and no constant feeling that you're a disappointment. Whenever I talk to my mom it feels like there's so much negativity... like everything I do is wrong. We spent almost 3 hours talking at Denny's while having brunch. After brunch we headed home and I got to spend the rest of the day with Tony. He hurt his back at work so we were trying not to do too much. We ended up going to ULTA, Marshall's, and World Market. There was so much cool stuff at World Market! I haven't been there in a long time (since back in the day when I used to go with my dad to Ontario Mills like every weekend lol) but yeah! They have jewelry there and a bunch of snacks as well! Their prices weren't too bad either!

We were super hungry after that but the weather got freakishly cold afterwards so we went home and changed. Another dilemma on where to eat. finally decided on Indian food and ended up just Yelping a place near Tony's house. We ended up going to Punjabi Tandoor (which I just realized through a Google search that they have one in Anaheim!). Let me just say... Oh. Em. Gee. We shared the shrimp vindalu which was SOOOOOO good because it was super spicy and the paneer tikka masala. It was seriously delicious! But then again I really don't have Indian food that often so my opinion is probably not that great lol. Here's a picture of our food. Here's a link to their menu in case you want to try it for yourself!

I realized half-way through dinner that I didn't have a picture and that's why everything looks half eaten lol. 
So I've been wanting to go to Extraordinary Desserts to see what all the hype was about and I've been to San Diego quite a few times now but we've just never really had time to go. Plus it's hard to find parking at the one Downtown (apparently there's 2 locations which I just found out from one of my coworkers lol). So during dinner, Tony was asking if he could use my phone to check traffic 'cause there was this guy that wanted to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge so they closed down the whole freeway. And I was like, "If there's not too much traffic, we should go to Extraordinary Desserts!" and he totally gave me a "You stole my idea, punk!" face lol. Apparently that's why he was looking up traffic. So yay! I'll let the pictures do the talking because the desserts were absolutely beautiful.

creme brulee




pink hot chocolate and chocolate chai latte (i believe... forgot)
creme brulee up close
torta misu - soooooooooo effing good.
looks like nestle's strawberry milk but tastes like white chocolate hot chocolate! yumes!
Alright friends, I must continue this post on another day since I've been a complete photo whore with the new settings on the camera lol. Will post the happenings on Saturday in another post as well as some recent purchases! Tony got me these super cute Marc by Marc Jacob sunglasses that are super cute from Marshall's. They were $35 but they are cat-eye inspired and also over-sized for the LA gal.

Anywhos, hope everyone started their Mondays off on the right foot! I've got a 40-hour work week this week but mostly morning shifts so we'll see how it goes! Love and miss you friends! Most likely won't be able to make it to cake pop making this Saturday since it's my mom's birthday and Tony's cousin is having a birthday party. I have Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off lol. (In the words of Judy, it's a hard life :P) Guess we'll have to catch up on life at the Halloween party (which I have work on that day but I'll be ready to play at night). Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. schmell9:52 AM

    i can't believe you admitted that another pizza tastes better than pizza hut!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...