Monday, October 10, 2011

october: week 1


This picture was taken right after we got back from our cruise (which I still need to do a post about lol). Tony was testing out the color accent feature on his new camera. I really liked how it turned out :). As most of my friends know, I love making stuffed animals talk lol. Pook-a-loo Pluto is no different. I think it's my lack of stuffed animals as a kid due to the fact that it would exacerbate my asthma. Not no mo'!

Anyways, on Saturday, October 1st, I started off the morning eating the breakfast of champions! Chick-fil-A! Ever since Tony introduced me to the Chick-n-Minis (aka little bites of heaven) I've been super obsessed and since I don't live very close to one, I jump at the chance to have breakfast there. After breakfast we went shopping at some random strip malls in San Diego. Then I convinced Tony to see "What's Your Number?" with Anna Faris and Chris Evans with me. It was a little disappointing because it wasn't as funny as I expected it to be (you know one of those movies where all the good parts are in the commercial? well it was one of those.). After the movie we went to eat at a Thai restaurant. After that, I was bummed that my movie choice pretty much sucked so I convinced Tony to watch Enchanted with me since he's never seen it before. He ended up really liking it lol and he was saying how he can see why I like it 'cause it's so cheesy lol. Can't help it! I love the cheese! It was a pretty low key day since I had work on Sunday and had to drive back to LA.

On Sunday and the following week, I was working at this super slow store because one of the guys went on vacation. I absolutely LOVED that store! I wish I could work there everyday! Love the staff there! Anyways, on Sunday I gave out 10 fricken flu shots! I only worked for 7.5 hours so that's more than 1 flu shot an hour. But yeah, I gave out flu shots every single day at that store. I have to say, flu shots have kind of been hit or miss with me. Some people say they didn't feel anything and then others are like "Owww!" lol. I find that kids and old folks are the ones that don't really feel the shot because I'm always like "Oh think of a Transformer" or "Imagine yourself relaxing by a beach in Hawaii" lol.

The work week went by super fast and I had a fantastic time working. Had a day off on Wednesday and went to Kohl's, ULTA, and The Container Store. Didn't get anything at Kohl's because I didn't have any coupons but I did try on a bunch of stuff from Lauren Conrad's fall line. Love so many items. I really loved the ponchos. I want one in every color (a problem I have is once I find something I really like, I need to get multiples... hoarder alert lol). I stopped at ULTA because I had one of those $5 off $10 coupons and ended up purchasing 2 items that a YouTuber talked highly about. I purchased the Wet 'n Wild eye shadow that Holly used in this video and I also purchased the blush that she talked about in her September Hits & Misses video. I like the blush a lot but the eye shadow looks really green on me but it's also possible that I don't know how to use eye make up lol haha. I really don't play around with eye make up very much so it's really hard for me. I also got some pretty good stuff at The Container Store. I met up with Pearl and I was actually shopping for something to organize my jewelry but I ended up buying a bunch of food stuff lol. I got a larger lunch bag for work (I don't know what happened to my Penguin bag :(  ), a on-the-go cereal cup (super cool!), and a "salad" lunch box (which I've been actually putting my sandwich into). So far I've been putting my lunch bag and lunch box to use but no use for my cereal cup yet because I rarely work morning shifts.

On Friday, I closed and afterwards, Tony came up to see me and we went to Culver City to meet up with friends at the Ugo Wine Bar. Here are some pictures:

really expensive but super good!
tony being a dork as usual
On Saturday we went to Disneyland because we haven't been on any of the Halloween stuff yet. I'm not sure whether this year is just crazier or what but the lines were crazy long. I mean, 60 minutes for Haunted Mansion?! Really?! We just fast passed that ride and went on Dumbo in the meantime which was a super long wait as well.

tram picture
chicken meal - so good! gotta have the fried chicken. i don't know what i would do if judy never introduced me lol. 

dumbo!

 

this picture just captures LA. traffic and sun.
Hope everyone's week is going well! Already looking forward to the weekend! 
Two more days of work, heading down to SD, then heading back to LA for my grandma's 92nd birthday.

1 comment:

  1. schmell9:56 AM

    that picture also captures how clean my car is :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...