Sunday, October 09, 2011

september: week in review [09/21 to 09/30]

september
[week 1][week 2][week 3]


I worked on Wednesday the 21st thru the 23rd and was happy that it was finally Friday! Lauren, another friend from pharmacy school was coming down to LA for a compounder's conference in Redondo Beach so I drove after work in Eagle Rock to meet her and her boss, Peter. Lauren had Yelped this burger joint that got superb reviews on Yelp so we decided to check it out. It's called The Standing Room and it's located inside a liquor store! For some reason, it did not click that the reason they call it "standing room" is because there is nowhere to sit! So we ended up ordering our food and taking it back to the hotel to eat. The food was absolutely delicious!! I'm a huge burger fan and this place makes really great Asian-y burgers. If you love extremely flavorful things, you'll LOVE this place. Lauren was saying the owners/workers looked like they're from Hawaii so maybe their food/style of cooking is brought over from Hawaii. Either way, super delicious food. I would definitely go back if it wasn't so far away :(. Here are more pictures of the food.


After grubbing out on food, we spent the night just talking about work and life in general. I was telling them a little about the judgement calls that I've had to make as a pharmacist. It's very interesting how I used to be the technician who would always say "Let me ask the pharmacist" and now, that's me lol. Anyways, it was great to catch up and it's crazy how we just graduated in May but it feels like we haven't seen each other in forever. I had work the next day and didn't end up getting home until midnight or so but for food and friends, totally worth it :).

On Saturday, September 24th, I got out of work at 6pm so Tony came up to see me and we decided (mostly me lol) to go to C&O Trattoria in Venice (the one by the beach... not C&O Cucina. They have the addresses mixed up on Yelp.). We got there around 8pm and the place was packed! I was actually going to see if we could eat at other places because we were both starving but the lady said it would only be a 15 minute wait. We didn't wait very long before we were called to the outdoor seating area. Seriously, I've been to this restaurant many times before but I had never sat at such a perfect spot! Twas very romantic!


The service is usually great but it sucked that night. We ordered wine that never came so we had to cancel and it just seemed like a bad night for the waiters. They made up for it though with their garlic rolls and we got to sing Amore!!


So every time you see the wine glass, you cheers with the waiters :)
I was still feeling pretty sick so we just relaxed at my house on Sunday. I did some light cleaning while Tony watched the Charger game. I had work the following Monday so I didn't really do anything too strenuous for the rest of the night. I worked Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for the week of 9/25 which I really like. I love working one day and knowing tomorrow is your day off. It pretty much feels like a Friday every other day lol.

September 29th... the day that will forever live in infamy! There were these three teenage girls that all wanted flu shots so I went to prepare them. The first girl was up and she was super nervous about needles. She kept telling her friends to distract her and everything went fine until after I slapped on the band-aid, she just collapsed. Thank goodness her friends were around to hold her up and she was only gone for less than a minute. It was just super surprising because I had given TONS of flu shots to people that were much older and they were completely fine! Super scary experience :/

On Friday, September 30th, I ran a bunch of errands before I headed down to San Diego. Another reason I like working only 3 days a week is that I get the those weekdays off to run errands. I had to go to the bank to deposit my cash back check from Citibank (Yay! Although the bank teller said, "You must spend a lot of money" when I told him how Chase Freedom was offering a cash back card that had no limit while Citibank has a $300 limit lol :X), get an oil change and change car insurances (being involved in a fender bender in the last year made my insurance quite expensive to renew so I was looking to change to a different company). I ended up saving a $100 from changing insurances so I'd recommend that as an option for those who have gotten into an accident.

After my errands, I made my way down to San Diego just for a quick trip. I was going to have work on Sunday so I would have to be back in LA Saturday night. I ended up doing a little shopping at Forever 21 before going to have sushi at Kappa Sushi with Tony's friends. Twas a fun night full of yummy food and drizzinks (as demonstrated from the picture).

when i say sake, you say bomb!
Hope everyone had a fun and eventful weekend!! 
Love and miss you friends! I know life has been getting in the way of us hanging out/keeping in touch but the birthday is coming up soon (little over a month) so I'll be seeing ya'lls hopefully very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...