Friday, October 07, 2011

september: week in review [09/13 to 09/20]

September

Looks like the last time I posted was on Tuesday, September 13th, regarding the festivities of the previous day so I'll start from that day. It was my day off and I really didn't do much besides visiting my grandmother in the hospital at night. My grandma has been in the hospital a lot lately. Hopefully she'll be ok (she's out of the hospital now and doing a lot better). Finished the week off by working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I worked in the morning on Thursday and had a great catch-up dinner date with my big, Cat at Din Tai Fung: Dumpling House. Sorry for the lack of pictures... I was too busy devouring food to capture anything lol. 

It was a jam-packed weekend with tons of stuff going on and I was starting to feel a little under the weather :/. First on Saturday's agenda was brunch with one of my old apartment mates, Kelly from my UCLA days. We went to eat at New Kim Bao Restaurant which has similar items to Mien Nghia Noodle Express (Just went to the yelp page to get the link and looks like you get a free drink for checking in on yelp. Can you say... deals!). I really wouldn't be able to taste the difference between the two places to be honest. I only tried one thing so don't take my word for it. 

Next up on the agenda was the potluck at Nam & Matthew's apartment in Culver City where I brought "banh mi" from Mr. Baguette lol. I believe everyone was already expecting something store-bought from me haha. I seriously want to learn how to cook but I want to cook in my own kitchen! Anyways, we started drinking right when we got there. Wine & shots hit me super hard! I blame it all on Nam the instigator! I did not even remember leaving his place... 

To end the night, Tony and I went back to West Covina to Elephant Bar where I got to briefly see my friend Christina for her birthday along with some of the other girls from my elementary. I was feeling super sick so I left after Elephant Bar and headed home. Here's a picture we snapped before I got super sick lol. 


And here's one with me and the birthday girl!


On Sunday, I felt super bad for missing most of my friend's actual birthday party so Tony and I took her out to get brunch at the one and only... Denny's! lol. 

After Denny's, we made our way to Disneyland to meet up with Tanya and Jason, my friends from pharmacy school who were visiting from Northern California. Football season had officially begun so we spent a couple hours drinking, catching up, and watching the Charger's game at The House of Blues. After that we met up with one of my other friends from pharmacy school, Lois, and her boyfriend. The six of us went and spent some time all over Disneyland and California Adventure. It was getting late and Tony had to head back to San Diego but before he left, we decided to get something to eat. I ate my first Disneyland turkey leg! (I know what you're thinking. How could you have gone to Disneyland so many times without eating a turkey leg?! In my defense, it always looks so dry! But it was delish!). Here's some pictures from that day.

This is me super duper sick at disneyland. I felt like poo. Yes, I smile when I feel like poo. Smiling's my favorite :)
seriously... if this isn't sexy, I don't know what is
That ended my super eventful weekend. I worked on Monday Sept. 19th. I was sooooo tempted to call in sick 'cause I was so sick but in the pharmacy world, there is no such thing as a sick day. And that's pretty sad being that you deal with people medications but unless you are in the hospital dying, you can't really call in sick. It's nearly impossible to find a replacement. After work on Monday, I rested up and since Tanya was going back up north on Wednesday, I was going to go to Disneyland to meet up with her and Jason. We just spent a couple of hours in California Adventures. We went to see the Aladdin show and then went on the Monster's Inc ride. After that we said our goodbyes. I think it's really sad to say goodbye to friends when you don't know when you'll see each other again :/. 

Anywhos, I was going to post this after I finished talking about the whole month of September but this post has already gotten long enough lol. Will update with the end of September in another post! Until then loves, happy Friday.. (friday, friday, friday...)


p.s. if you haven't checked out the new dynamic views setting on blogger, definitely check it out! it's so awesome!! there's something for everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...