Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Sounds: Coachella 2014 Series - BANKS




When someone remakes a classic like Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody" and gets praised for her rendition, it's a pretty high compliment. Introducing BANKS. Listen to her rendition below and judge for yourself. It is a bit different but also amazing. She looks like a cross between Sara Bareilles and Natalie Portman (aka beautiful lol) and sounds like what Sara Bareilles would sound like if she decided to make Indie music. Her music is what I would put into my "Funk" playlist which is just a bunch of songs that I would play when I'm feeling in funky mood (i.e. can't decide what to listen to). I can just imagine "This is What It Feels Like" being played during the club scene in the Matrix when Neo meets Trinity for the first time.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...