Monday, January 10, 2011

day 8: fell off the horse... again!

But I'm hopping right back on! lol. I can't believe this weekend passed by so fast! I'm sure having to work 9-5 on a Saturday doesn't help haha. Hmmm... so where did I last leave off... ah yes, my uneventful Friday leading to my very eventful Saturday :).

day 8: first disneyland trip of the year!
So this year has been a big cell phone alarm fail (it was really negligence on my part :/)! On Saturday I was supposed to go through all this HIV/AIDS stuff with my preceptor but I got super duper sleepy at night on Friday so I told myself that I would wake up earlier and then go over the stuff so I would be prepared. I really don't know why I do this because I pretty much know for a fact that I'll snooze away and just wake up at the regular time to get to work lol. Anyways, so I had to work on Saturday at 9am so I set my alarm at 7:15. I wake up naturally at 7:50 and I'm thinking "well that was a decent amount of sleep and I still have some time since my alarm clock hasn't rang yet..." *takes a look at phone and sees that it's way past 7:15 and jumps out of bed*. I was thinking "what the freak happened?!" and then I realized that I had set my weekday alarm for 7:15 and being that SATURDAY is NOT a weekday, the alarm didn't ring. I am just so S-M-R-T smart! Second time this has happened! Maybe I should just make all my alarms daily instead of on the weekdays.

Anyways, I finally make it out of my house and thank goodness the 10 and 710 freeways were completely clear. I was about 5 minutes away with 10 minutes left until 9am when BAM! they closed off the exit to Downtown Long Beach so they made everyone exit off of Anaheim St. Keep in mind I am not at all familiar with the Long Beach area so all I do is head towards the "Downtown Long Beach" exit off the 710. So I manage to find my way and I'm 10 minutes late. Fortunately, my preceptor was cool and didn't make a big deal. AND he ended up letting me leave an hour early since we were done discussing the HIV/AIDS stuff. I think I definitely need to take things up a notch when it comes to drug knowledge. Example... he was telling me that I need to make drug charts for the NRTIs and NNRTIs for next week and know the drugs so we can discuss next Friday. He was saying that if I wanted to get ahead, I could also do PIs and the other random drugs like Selzentry, Fuzion, Isentress... and being the dumb ass that I am, I was like, "What about maraviroc?" and he says "That's Selzentry..." lol. Another question that I totally aced... "So what's a normal CD4 T-cell count?" My answer: "Well, I don't know what's normal but I do know at what CD4 count we should start therapy lol *with the biggest smile on my face like this =D*.

So after work I headed home to drop off some stuff and then I headed to Disneyland! Yay! They removed the California letter outside of CA Adventures!!! :( Good thing I already have all my California pictures :). So my first objective was to find food lol. I wanted to get the BBQ Chicken Pizza that they have near Mulholland Madness but they're CLOSED!! To make matters worse, Toy Story Mania was CLOSED! arg! Toy Story Mania happens to be my favorite ride at Disneyland :). So to make myself feel better, I got myself a churro :) hehe.

We're making our way back to the front of the park when we decide to go on Soarin' (another one of my favorite rides except I never go on it because the wait is usually super long or it's broken). The wait was actually only 25 minutes! While we were in line, we were making plans to meet up with our other friends Pearl & Alfred. So Tony calls Alfred and they were trying to figure out a place to meet. After he hangs up, I ask him what's the plan and he's like "oh, they're saving a spot for us in line for Tower of Terror". I definitely felt palpitations at that point lol. There are 2 rides at Disneyland I absolutely refuse to go on: Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain (call these absolute contraindications if you will haha for my pharmacy fellows :)). I absolutely HATE drops. My friends joke all that time that they are going to blindfold me and sedate me to go on those two rides one day... NEVER!! lol.... never say never haha =P. Anyways, he keeps trying to convince me to go on Tower... (example: "don't worry they only drop you once..." lies lol). This lady in line even tells me "It's just a little butt lift.." haha. I spend my time half concentrating on reasoning why I am not going on the ride to thinking of an escape route (... I can get to the part where they seat everyone and then say "oh yeah, I have a heart condition..."). So about 15 minutes of me freaking out goes by and then he finally tells me that originally Alfred said that they would wait in line for us at Tower of Terror but he heard Pearl in the background saying "Nooooooooooo!!!!" lol. They were actually waiting for us at the drawing studio thank goodness!

After Soarin' we headed over to the drawing studio and ended up drawing Jack Skellington! My comprehension skills have clearly gone down the drain because the lady tells us to start with a circle about the size of an orange. Being the rebel (or dumb ass) that I am, I drew a circle a little bigger than a dollar coin! So that after we were done with our drawings she asked us to show her what they looked like and she's like "Looks like we've got a lot of good drawings here... we've got some jumbo jacks... *takes a look at my Jack drawing* and some small Jacks too!" bahahahaha. Here's what my drawing looked like (don't laugh at my horrid drawing skills lol):

After finishing up with the drawing, we went to check out elecTRONica. It was really hilarious watching the kiddies dance haha. Although I have to admit the beats were pretty good and it did make me want to shake my booty just a bit... (it'll be our little secret haha).

Oh boy... this post is taking much longer than I'd like =X and I'm so freakin' congested right now so methinks I'll be going to bed. Just wanted ya'lls to know I was still alive and wasn't killed this weekend =P.

Have a Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...