Friday, January 07, 2011

day 7: TGIF

Hope everyone is having/had a fantabulous Friday! I spent most of mine sleeping in (11am baby!) and studying (poopities). Today was pretty uneventful so I'll talk about my work day from yesterday.

This RiteAid apparently gets their orders on Thursdays and so I helped put the order away yesterday. It was maybe 8pm (I had to work 1-9:30pm...) and I was talking to one of the technicians (she is really amazing at her job) and she told me that the pharmacy used to be a morgue. I guess there was a hospital at this location before they made it a RiteAid and where the pharmacy sits is where the morgue used to be... I was like great! I just LOVE scary movies and being scared *sarcasm*. And I have to work a few night shifts too :(.

Things I've been asked by my preceptor so far:

  1. What is galantamine used for and what is it derived from?
    • It's for Alzheimer's Disease and it's derived from a plant. (I originally said flower haha. Close enough right? :))
  2. Give me some of the really bad things about Amiodarone.
    • It turns you into a smurf (blue) because of the iodine. (I actually learned about this from a drug rep for that new drug that me and Tanya thought was a misspelling of amiodarone, dronedarone (Multaq) hahaha. That's one of their advantages.)
    • You need an annual eye exam because it causes corneal deposits.
    • It's pro-arrhythmic meaning it causes arrhythmias. 
    • Its also hepatotoxic and also has pulmonary toxicity.
    • When given with warfarin, you need to monitor INR. Most likely you'll need to decrease the dose by 40%. 

I was reading my subscriptions and saw this. Thought it was pretty awesome haha. I want to make one for my TV now :).

Here's my really random current playlist :). Enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...