Wednesday, March 30, 2011

day 89

day 89 (wednesday - march 30th): day 2 of internal med
So today was Day 2 of internal medicine. Went slightly smoother than Day 1 being that I get the hang of aminoglycoside dosing now. I still feel like a dozo though being that I don't commit to memory any of the guidelines. I got to make an intervention today which was pretty cool. So every week I go through antibiotics and make sure they are dosed correctly and the culture and sensitivies show that we are using a drug that the organism is sensitive to. So yesterday we found a patient on ertapenem with cultures pointing to Strep B. Today the sensitivities came back with the organism being sensitive to ampicillin. So my preceptor sent a note to the doctor telling him to change ertapenem to ampicillin :). We'll see if he'll actually change the drug.

After that, I went to my regional meeting which too a super long time. Then after that I went to happy hour. Now I'm back at home but I feel soooooo super sleepy :(. Probably going to call it and night and then study tomorrow morning for didactics (which is just another term for quiz).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...