Tuesday, March 29, 2011

day 88 - first day of internal med

day 88 (tuesday - march 29th): first day of internal med
So today was the first day of internal med - spinal cord injury with my preceptor Rebecca. Got to the VA at 8am to get my access code to use the computers. This took 2 hours but I was glad we went because I got to catch up with the girls I met yesterday who are all super nice! So after that, I paged my preceptor and she met me in the resident's room. After that we went back to her office, took a tour of the 3 spinal cord injury wards, and then got started with some antibiotic dosing checks. So I found out that I know absolutely NOTHING about PK dosing lol. My preceptor basically gave me a speed review of all PK things. So another thing I learned today was to embrace the saying, "I don't know... I'll look it up and get back to you." I reviewed aminoglycoside dosing later on when I went to Starbucks with Judy. I also tried to read over this article about HIT, which is heparin-induced-thrombocytopenia. Lots of stuff to do for this rotation :( Let's hope I survive!

Hope ya'lls have a great week!

P.S. Since it's Tony's birthday today, he's the guest blogger :P and here's what he thinks I do all day lol. 

Anthony: march 29th
  tony's bday
  booboo did not receive yellow package <---- i sent him a package in the mail 
 Anthony: and made me jelly by eating jjc <---- jjc = jamaican jerk chicken 
  
 me: i know!
10:27 PM Anthony: the end
Anthony: p.s. oh and i took my id picture
  the end, foreal.
 Anthony: BAM done
 me: i took that yesterday actually
 Anthony: guest blog complete
  eff
  ok
  p.s. id card made
  BAM
  done
  the end, foreal. again.
 me: the ID card making machine was broken lol
  so i have to wait until april 15th
  i have this nasty temp one
10:29 PM Anthony: nasty temp id made
  the end, foreal foreal. period.
  BAM
  done
 me: lol
10:30 PM Anthony: see how easy that was
  so simpoe
 me: seempoe
 Anthony: eggzachary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...