Tuesday, March 29, 2011

day 83-84

day 83 (thursday - march 24th): potluck at the VA
Second to the last day at the VA in Downtown LA. The preceptors had a potluck for us and me and the USC student got a cake for our preceptors. Nothing spectacular happened today.

day 84 (friday - march 25th): last day of rotation 5
Last day at the VA. Did our usual meter class in the morning and then Tony, the USC student had to leave so I spent the rest of the day cleaning up all the unfinished work we had with finishing up patients. I also took this time to print out all my paperwork for my next rotation at the VALB lol. I ended up filling out most of the paperwork and then my main preceptor came back from the USC Clerkship Fair (which is this fair they have for the USC students that tells them about the rotations available at each site) and so she gave my evaluation. I ended up getting an A (yay!) haha. But I had to do this SOAP note for the final and I got a 5.5 out of 10 lol. Good thing it was only worth 10% of my grade. For my case presentation one of the "constructive criticisms" was to say "you know" less bahahahaha. I try really hard to cut down the "likes" in my presentations but I guess I let the "you knows" slip haha.

I ended leaving at 4pm and started going to run my errands. I really like having one of the weekdays off because it gives me a chance to go to the bank, post office, etc. So I went to the bank to deposit some of the check I had from Ebates and a rebate from Costco for my contacts. Then I went to Supercuts. I got my haircut for free because if you get 8 haircuts, your 9th haircut is free :). Everything was going great until I was done with my haircut and I realized that I locked my keys in my car!! Hasn't happened in almost 2 years!! But yeah, I had to call my dad to bring me the spare keys.

After that little obstacle, I went home and changed to go out with Reena and Lois. We ended up going to this place off of Atlantic and Garvey called "The Open Door". I would not recommend going here unless you are extremely anorexic lol. There's like no food to eat!! Their happy our cocktails were yummy though. We got a carafe of their Mango Cocktail and Peach cocktail, both of which were delicious. We would have drank more but their food selection was so small! We were still hungry after that so we walked over the Thai Paradise off of Atlantic and had 2 small items. I guess we overestimated how hungry we were because we ended up having up leftovers haha. Then we walked over to Half & Half. I really like the Atlantic Half & Half because there isn't a huge crowd like the friggin San Gabriel one! wtf!

We called it a night after that and I pretty much got home and knocked the freak out.

Post to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...