Tuesday, January 17, 2012

tuesday day off randomness

Howdies!

So I've been super spoiled with only working 3 days a week and now that I'm working 5 days a week, I feel completely spent. Today was my day off and since it'll be my only day off (besides the weekend) before Chinese New Year, I really wanted to spend the whole day cleaning my room, car, etc. I'm not sure about you guys but I always feel like when my life is a mess, my room is usually the same way and when I clean up my room, my life also starts going more smoothly sooooo lol long story short, the last week has been pretty horrible (especially this last weekend) so that means a deep cleansing for my room.

Here's my OOTD. Just a racerback tank from Pacsun, jeggings from Forever 21, and AE long sleeve shirt.



Anyways, I started off the day by going to the post office. I ordered 2 Naked 2 palettes because I was going to give one to my friend Lauren for Christmas so I went to send one to her. I had to get them as soon as I saw that they were available on Sephora. I was actually waiting because I had my "Welcome to VIB" 10% off coupon so it ended up being a pretty good deal.


After the post office, I went to get a hair cut. I've been growing out my hair but lately, it really just feels like a bird's nest (I mean literally, some of the tangles were making my hair look like a bird's nest). So I went the Supercuts, my go-to place hahaha. I ended up purchasing a leave-in conditioner, detangler/everything else from them. I bought a small bottle since the large one was like $36. She sprayed a bit in my hair and I've had it on the whole day and it feels pretty nice. Not too heavy.


After leaving Supercuts, I went to the mall to Nordy's and Ziba. If you have a Ziba near you, don't forget about their Happy Hour special (from 2-5pm on Mondays & Tuesdays). I got my brows and upper lip done for $12. Such a steal! Anywhos, I saw Lauren's post on how Butter London's Nail Foundation is a good basecoat especially for glitter polish and I had a Nordy's giftcard so I had to try it out. I bought the set with the Hardwear top coat and the Nail Foundation basecoat for $25. They were sold separately for $18 so it was a better deal to get them in the set.


So I'm not one for patience so I messed up when I was painting my nails earlier. Here are the results:


Red polish is "Cocktail Waitress" by ULTA and stop sparkles is actually 051 "Starry Pink" by Revlon. I wanted nice red nails for Chinese New Year. So being the impatient person that I am, I was trying to paint my right hand while my left hand was drying and messed up one of my nails so I had to remove all the messed up glitter and polish on my index finger. To my surprise, it was so fricken easy to remove the glitter! I was literally shocked! I had painted my nails with Starry Pink when I had first purchased it but it seriously took my over 30 minutes and numerous cotton pads to remove the glitter. Like the rest of the polish would be gone but the glitter was still stuck on my nail. But with the nail foundation, I was able to use one cotton pad on 2 different nails (I messed up another nail while trying to soak the cotton pad... I know... lol). I used 2 coats of the top coat so lets see how long the nails will last before they start chipping.

I think it was last weekend when my friend painted my nails with the OPI Shatter nail polish and I was sooooo disappointed that it didn't even last me 3 days. It started chipping on the next day. We used basecoat and top coat. She painted them for me on Saturday night and by Tuesday, this is what they looked like:



Anyhow, that pretty much concludes my day. Back to more laundry! Hopefully my nails won't get ruined :/. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

P.S. You can now subscribe via Google Reader or any other "reader" type service by going to the little button all the way on the right hand side of the navigation bar and clicking the button that looks like a sideways Wifi tracker. Hope that makes it easier to read/subscribe!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...