Friday, February 24, 2012

M.I.A

Sorry to have been so M.I.A these last couple of weeks. Ever since the new year has started, things at work have been becoming more intense and things at home have been anything but calm. Work has actually been ok lately but things at home have been escalating. I thought things were getting better this last weekend but it just led to another outburst yesterday. I feel helpless in that I'm doing what I can to contribute to this home but it never seems to be enough. There hasn't been a day when I've come home to my mom not yelling and screaming. It's exhausting to hear.

I finally told my parents about my plan to move out when they pitched the idea of me paying the mortgage on our home. As much as they say that the house will one day be mine, it's not exactly a gift when I'll have to continue paying for it for the next 10-15 years. Plus, my parents are in such a volatile state right now... I feel like any little trigger could force them to get a divorce. le sigh.

All this stuff has made getting away all the more exciting. In less than 1 week I'll be in Hawaii celebrating the union of two very good friends from pharmacy school! So exciting! I literally cannot wait. It's funny how some of us have had to encounter some tough times right before going on vacation (i.e. Sophie and China lol).

If anyone has suggestions of things to do in Hawaii, please leave a comment! I'd love to go parasailing but I'm not sure what's a good and inexpensive company to go with.

Anyways, I may try to do some posts before I leave for Hawaii. I'm working everyday until then so not sure if I have the time and energy.

Thanks friends for all your support and just listening to me for the past couple of weeks!

Love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...