Saturday, March 31, 2012

March: Part 1

Being that the first couple weeks of March was consumed by vacation (and there's a separate post on that), I'm just going to break March up into several part. Now that I'm working 40 hour weeks and most of my weekends are spent traveling, there's definitely less time to post.



Mar. 8-9 (thurs-fri):

After coming home from Hawaii, I was rushed off to work the next day 2 days with closing shifts. I took the weekend off (March 10th thru 12th) for the Drake concert on Sunday at SDSU.


Mar. 10 (sat):
On Saturday, we started off the day by running errands. I had some stuff to return at the Container Store, Target and Nordstrom's and I also had to go to the bank. We still had some time to kill before my eye exam at 3:30pm (Tony's friend is an optometrist and I was in dire need of new contacts so I had made an appointment to see him), so we decided to have lunch at Slater's 50/50.



pretty damn good burgers. my only complaint was that the burger was cooked wayyy too well.
i like my cows still moo-ing. our waitress didn't ask how we wanted our 

burgers cooked so i'm not even sure if you can choose :/


they had this pick 3 appetizers thing and we got the
panko fried mac 'n cheese, beer battered onion rings,
and french fried potatoes. i absolutely LOVED the onion rings
(but then again, I love almost all onion rings lol)

After stuffing our faces, we went to my eye exam. Sadly, my vision has gotten a lot worse :(. I blame my darn gene pool! My mom is practically blind and had laser eye surgery, not once, but twice! It started out as a really nice summery day so we tried to walk around Coronado but it got pretty cold so we went back to Tony's house before heading out to dinner. We had 7 courses of beef and fried catfish which was delicious! I haven't had the stuff in such a long time. I mostly enjoyed the 7 courses of beef. I don't really like the fried catfish that much just because of my fear of fish bones.

We spent the rest of the night at this new bar (maybe just new to me? lol) in Downtown San Diego called The Lion's Share. It's a really nice bar/restaurant and the decor reminds me of the American Revolution lol . Since we just had dinner, we mostly went there for the drinks. Their drinks are super unique and actually tasted pretty healthy (at least to me lol). My favorite of the night was "Monks Gone Wild". Absolutely delish for someone that doesn't want a drink that tastes like you're straight chugging rubbing alcohol.

lovers con amigos

tres amigos

wish i could remember what drinks these were lol
After drinks we headed home to rest. Plus we were losing an hour to daylight savings :(.


Mar. 11 (sun):
Sunday funday. We went to have dim sum with Tony's family and then I went back to Tony's house and took a nap lol. I need naps! We got ready for the Drake concert and went to pre-party at John's house. We then headed to grab some dinner at Tokyo Sushi near UCSD.

dinner before our first concert together!

oyster shooters

spicy tuna salad. holy moly. so delish. looks so healthy too lol.

fishie balloons! with lips like mine lol


Drake concert was a complete blur. The fact that we got home safely was a miracle. Tanks got. lol.



getting some refreshments before the concert





25 sittin' on 25 mill

Flashback to November 2010 when I saw Drake at Universal Amphitheater with special guest Nicki Minaj
i love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi


That's it for now! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...