Monday, March 10, 2014

February 2014: Month in Review Part 2


Feb. 13th:
Made some Valentine's Day treats for my coworkers. I only put good candies in my goodie bags. Quality over quantity aight?!



Feb 15th:
Whenever we get up a little on the early side, I like to try out new brunch places because lez-be-honest ya'lls, brunch is the best meal of the day lol. Anywhos, we decided to try out Claire's on Cedros in Solana Beach (think the Laguna Beach of San Diego). One of my favorite places to brunch is at Peach Cafe and this place has a similar feel except quite a bit more crowded. I tried the Chai latte which tastes similar to the Peach Cafe Chai latte so I'm like "score!". The pancakes were super bomb also.






After a tasty brunch, we headed to Rancho Santa Fe for some thrift shopping. Didn't find anything but we decided to frolick in the area and found a little coffee shop with this mug on display. My sentiments exactly lol.



And then when we were driving home we saw this crazy cat...



One of my friends was celebrating a birthday so we headed over to her house for some fun times.

outfit on the night

making smores in the brand new fireplace! wuddup!

Feb. 16th:
Next morning, we woke up early again and headed out to grab some pho at Bolsa. I want to say this place uses MSG because dayam the pho here tastes just like home in the SGV lol. And I mean that in the best possible way because I don't want none of that tasteless MSG-free pho lol.

the morning after pho

A few people at the party recommended this sandwich place in Poway so we went to check it out. Are lobster rolls supposed to be cold?? I've never had one before and this one was seriously cold when we got it and I was just quite confused. I wasn't too impressed by the foods to be honest. Maybe they were having an off night?

lobster roll



Feb. 21st:
After a long week of work, it was time to celebrate! Some friends were in town for a day trip and we decided to make a stop at Polite Provisions. This was our 2nd time here. They have cocktails on draft. They actually don't sell any food at Polite Provisions but you can order food at Soda & Swine and have them bring it over. It was quite crowded but the turnaround is pretty quick but as the night drags on, people are pretty much not moving at all.




dirty fries

brussel sprouts

Feb 22nd-28th:
Worked for the rest of the month.


And that's February folks! I feel pretty ahead! 
I started doing some vlogging (just for practice for now but hopefully I'll get better at it for all our upcoming trips!) but I haven't gotten time to edit (seriously takes forever!) so give me some time.



2 comments:

  1. I think most lobster rolls are served cold. Next time you guys stop by we'll have to take you to Sam's Chowder Mobile. Their lobster rolls are warm and served on delicious lightly toasted and generously buttered bread. *drooools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lol i was just like "i don't like cold things that feel like they should be warm" lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...