Friday, November 14, 2014

Adventures: Hawaii 2014 - Oahu Day 1


Finally back and settled into a regular routine so here's the first of a few posts from my most recent trip to Oahu and the Big Island.


First stop after landing is always a trip to Aiea Bowl for their tasty chicken. Noms.



After getting some grub, we headed to a few stores to grab some necessities for our trip at Walmart and then headed to Aulani. This was my second time staying at Aulani and I was very satisfied. My expectations were just as high as the first time and they were totally met. On arrival the hotel staff pretty much rushed to give us leis. When we arrived in our room, we found this towel Mickey head! This was not here the previous time so it was a nice surprise.






After doing some unpacking and vegging out, we headed out to the pool. I must say that you seriously can't take a bad picture anywhere on the premises. I swear the palm trees are strategically placed lol.




I absolutely love the infinity pools they have at Aulani. This one you see in the picture below is their kids pool but they actually also have an adults only (18 years and older) one too.



We were walking around and I saw this little guy.




Aulani is a great place for whether you want to be super bumming it or if you want to have an action-packed time. I was pretty tired from a day of travel and we were both ready to be total bums for the rest of the night so we ordered pizza from Pizza Corner right across the way (they actually deliver!) and went over to pick up these bad boys (see garlic rolls below). They were pretty bomb. Be very wary if you are on a romantic trip though 'cause your breath will stank. Anyways, going back to Aulani. They have a great little DVD rental place at the community center which is open until 8pm where you can rent 2 DVD's per day. They have a DVD player in the room for you all ready to go. These are mostly/all Disney movies (not just the cartoons but some newer ones as well). You can always just bring your own DVD's too. We usually watch stuff to fall asleep so on this first night we ended up watching The Proposal. Love Sandra Bullock in that movie!



And that concludes my first day in Oahu! Day 2 was our day for 3 hikes and 
Day 3 was our shopping day! Stay tuned for those posts and our Big Island posts!


note: most of the pictures taken on this trip were taken with a Sony Mark III which unfortunately was stolen on my way back to San Diego. I was lucky enough to have transferred all my pictures onto my computer beforehand. So I would advise to keep a close eye on your belongings because this was a very expensive lesson to learn :/. Plus it was actually my birthday and Christmas present combined so it was quite a heart-wrenching loss. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...