Friday, April 03, 2015

Spring 2015 Fashion: Fringe and Trench Coats


If you watch a lot of YouTube videos, you probably know of Jenn Im of ClothesEncounters. She's got an amazing fashion sense but everything she wears is a little out of my comfort zone as well as out of my price range. She recently posted a video of her Spring 2015 Outfits and I really loved the army green trench that she was wearing from Bardot. The trench is on sale for $99 (reg. $149.95) and there's only one size left so I started my hunt for an alternative. Luckily, light trenches are SUPER in this Spring and while browsing thru my Feedly, I found Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook wearing something similar to what I want and from Forever 21 for $32.90! Here's a side by side image of the two trenches.

draper trench (item: 32120JBX) from bardot (link); draped-lapel trench (item: 2000120399) from forever 21 (link)

Obviously the Forever 21 version isn't as good quality and it looks like the Bardot version has pockets (which is definitely something I would miss) but style wise, you could style the two similarly.

Wendy also styled a sleeveless version (check out additional photos here) which I'm also eye-ing online. What I appreciate about the sleeveless version is that it has pockets!

dropped-lapel trench vest (item: 2000097194) from forever 21 (link)

I was reading an article about Kendall Jenner's stylist, Monica Rose, and her top 3 recommendations for spring. One of them happens to be fringe. I had this fringe purse that I purchased from Target and it definitely served me well during the festival season. I have since donated that purse but there are a few fringe items I'd like to add to my wardrobe. I'm not quite brave enough to wear fringe as a clothing item but I did see a few pair of shoes that I liked.

women's sam & libby hughes gladiator fringe sandals from target (link)

women's mossimo supply co. ruthie fringe bootie from target (link)

There were also a couple of purses I liked as well.

Fringed Faux Leather Backpack from Forever 21 (link)

Fringed Faux Leather Crossbody from Forever 21 (link)

I found one fringe top that wasn't too out there that I could possibly wear.

Southwestern-Embroidered Fringe Cami from Forever 21 (link)

Hope you enjoyed this fringe and trench coat edition of Spring 2015 Fashion.
Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...