Tuesday, January 18, 2011

day 14-18: lotsa action

Whew! What an eventful weekend its been! So lets get right to business...

day 14: work
Super lucky. I had to work the 1:30-10pm shift which was super. It was super chill after 5pm until there was a huge rush from 9-9:30pm. Me and my preceptor went over NRTIs and NNRTIs on my drug chart. Still have to work on those PIs and random drugs. Not much happened today... *snores*

day 15: times when I wish I had a swiss army knife handy
So I woke up around 9-ish and got ready to go get my nails done. I hadn't gotten my nails done since I was back in Stockton and I only went to get my nails done 'cause I was in desperate need for a pedicure. So while I was getting my nails done, I realized they were playing Time Traveler's Wife on the TV! I had been wanting to re-watch it for such a long time so it was super perfect. I think the nail ladies must've thought I was crazy 'cause I was smiling the whole time I was watching it haha.

Anyways, me and Tony decided to meet up at the Irvine Spectrum 'cause we were going to go to Great Park and do this:
but we were starving so food >>>> fun (spoken like true fatties haha). We ended up eating at Cheesecake Factory and I got the Spicy Chicken Chipotle (w/o peas :)). Soooo good! I've been craving it everyday since. After that, we did a little shopping and this was when the most embarrassing thing happened. It's been absolutely LOVELY weather in LA so I was wearing shorts that day but at night it got a bit colder so I decided to just get a pair of jeggings at Forever 21 rather than walk around shivering. So we head into Forever 21 and I find this pair of jeggings that zip up on the side and they have zippers on the ankles so I decided to go try them on. I get into the fitting room and these jeggins fit super nicely! Score! Looking at the pants more closely, I see that right at the calf area, they had completely forgot to sew one part so that there was a huge hole so I was just going to go outside to get another pair. So I'm trying to take off the pants and the zipper is completely stuck. I'm fiddling with the zipper when I realized that my panties (these RVCA ones that Tanya got me for Christmas which are basically like the super lace ones at Victoria's Secret) were completely stuck into the zipper. This wasn't a small stuck either! It was half-way stuck into the lace so that I couldn't even move the zipper at all!! So I'm thinking that calm is probably the way to go since when you have to untangle a knot, being all aggressive usually makes the knot even worse. So I'm calmly tugging (is that an oxymoron? lol) at the zipper and underwear. No budging AT ALL! >: O Now I'm growing impatient and I start thinking I'm like hulk status. I'm thinking I can probably just take the pants and underwear off and just rip the underwear from the death claws of the zipper. So I try that. Big fail! I obviously overestimated my strength lol. Finally after maybe 5-10 minutes of fiddling with this situation, I decided to just go ask one of the sales associates if they would lend me a pair of scissors. So I go up to the girl and I'm like "My underwear got stuck in the zipper. Is there anyway I can borrow a pair of scissors?" So she asks this one guy employee and he's like "Why do you need the scissors??" and she's like "We just do!" lol. So he gives me the pair of scissors and these were seriously the dullest pair of scissors on earth! I go back to my fitting room and I'm like sawing away at my underwear! Finally it comes apart! Gahhhd. I was so relieved.

day 16: scorching hot... weather!
Went and had Peet's Coffee for the first time. I had a white chocolate mocha which was alright. I think I'm not a huge fan of the bitter coffee. Gotta love the diabetes coffee with at least 6 spoons of sugar haha. Anyways, we went to Peach Cafe to meet up with Christina, Chris, Anna and Daniel. We waited soooooooo long in the scorching sun to get seated!! It was a beautiful day but I totally wasn't dressed for it. I was wearing boots and I literally wanted to take off all my clothes. At least the food was well worth the wait. Chai latte was friggin orgasmic as usual. After that we went to the Santa Anita mall and shopped for a little before heading to Disneyland. The last time we went we didn't get to go on Toy Story so I had to go on it. Ended up waiting 50 minutes to go on! So worth it though lol. Then we went and got a corndog :). I hadn't had a corndog in such a long time that I forgot how good it is! I've been eating the fried chicken the last few times I've gone.

day 17: mlk is not a drug holiday apparently!
Oh my friggin gahd. It was seriously sooooooooooooo busy. I walk into the pharmacy and my preceptor hands me 3 transfers to do (with one of them being the "transfer ALL my meds" from this other pharmacy). Then I was a filling machine for the rest of the day. We filled over 200 scripts before noon. It was crazy. AND the phones wouldn't stop ringing!! I was pretty much exhausted when I got home and then I was stuck in traffic. I wouldn't even have known it was MLK Day! I had to lay on my horn once 'cause this stupid person didn't know that green meant go at this left turn arrow. So I honked at them and by the time they actually started moving the light already turned yellow. I pretty much wanted to stab myself in the car. After dinner I went to Target with Sophie and Judy. We tried to go to Half & Half Tea House off of San Gabriel and Las Tunas and it was freakin' packed!!! The whole time we were thinking it was going to be dead because it was a Monday but now that I'm thinking back, it was probably so busy 'cause everyone and their mom's had MLK off (besides me :( wahh lol).

day 18: the day after
I head into the pharmacy and all is well. It was super calm and then around 2pm we're hit with a wave of new prescriptions. We seriously had maybe 10 waiters and they were all getting A LOT of stuff. When I left at 5:30pm there were still maybe 50 scripts that needed to be filled still :/. Thank goodness I don't have to go in tomorrow! But I have to work Thursday 1:30-10pm (blech!). I have Friday off... but I have to work Saturday (double blech!). At least this weekend seems like it'll be a very eventful one with 2 birthday parties (one of Friday and another on Saturday). Then I'll have Sunday to simmer down a little before another packed week. I get a 3 day weekend not this coming weekend but the next weekend (Jan 28th-Jan 30th) so I'm excited!

I'm leaving ya'lls with my current Temper Trap favorites that have been on repeat since the weekend! Enjoy :)




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Have a happy hump day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...