Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day 21-25: massive update

day 21: errands
My day started with a call at 6:30 in the morning from my dad who was calling to tell me to come to the emergency room 'cause he wanted to bring my mom's meds so that the doctor could see what she was taking. I switched places with my dad so that he could go home and rest for a little bit and stayed until 10:30. Since my prescription for my contacts expired, I had to go to the optometrist to get a new prescription. I eyesight didn't get worse! yay! I was thinking it was going to be worse since I'm so blind these days without my glasses. I think the thing that makes my eyes so bad is straining to see those powerpoint presentations in class.

In the evening I went to my friend Annie's birthday shindig at 38 degree Grill & Ale House. It was super packed (probably 'cause there was a Laker game). We had a party of 15-20 people and we couldn't get seated until everyone got there. We waited about an hour before we just left next door to Tony Romas haha. But I got to try the 38 degree mojito which was pretty good. My cousin was saying the tuna tartar is really good and shoestring fries. I guess I'll have to try that next time. But it was a good night of catching up with old friends. Although it is a little weird mingling with someone who used to date the same person as you. Maybe it's because I don't see her very often but I don't think that weird feeling ever goes away. It's like "hi, we used to date the same guy" haha.

day 22: history repeats itself
Remember the other day when I said that I was late for work because I set my alarm for the weekdays and I had to work on Saturday so the alarm didn't go on? Well, guess what happened again?! lol. This time I woke up at 9:30am, called the pharmacy and told them I was going to be late and then bolted out of the house. I didn't get to work until 10:30am. Luckily my preceptor wasn't mad and it wasn't busy. Whew. And I thought he was going to make me stay the extra 1.5 hours but he ended up letting me go home at 4:30! So I get in 1.5 hours late and get to go home 1 hour early lol. Not too shabby haha.

This was also the day that I got the "C" news from my preceptor so once I got home I was really determined to get started with my studying. Luckily Judy was online and we decided to go to Starbucks to get some hardcore studying done. Then we went to Tea Station.

day 23: lazy sunday
Had this under-the-bed storage bag thing that I had to return at Walmart and enlisted the help of Pearl :). I forget how cheap food is at Walmart! I bought a 24-pack of Coke for $5! I've been meaning to stock up when it goes on sale but I've just been so tired after work. So after that I wanted to go to TJ Maxx because I bought this king sized duvet from West Elm online and I thought I had a random king sized blanket lying around but apparently I didn't. They have some pretty cheap stuff at TJ Maxx. I ended up buying these Jessica Simpson sunglasses for $12.99. Deals! But I had no luck finding the blanket 'cause the king sized blankets they had were around $100 and I was looking for something less than $50. So I headed over to Target and they had a king sized down alternative blanket for $17.99! All sizes are $17.99 if you're interested. Let me just say that king sized blanket for a full/queen sized bed (I still don't know which one it is lol) is wonderful! My feet never stick out from under the blankets anymore and my bed seriously looks made everyday which is orgasmic! Ah, my obsession with bedding continues! I think I have 5 different duvet covers for my queen sized down blanket lol. Really should donate some of those away. I bought this Target one a while back and it totally got bleached by my benzoyl peroxide. That's why I stick to whites now lol... although the new duvet I bought is "Sea Breeze" and looks blue/green-ish.

day 24: magnificent monday
Monday was pretty awesome considering its Monday. So I've been stuck in traffic for pretty much over an hour to go from work back home so I was just thinking to stay somewhere in to kill some time so that I wouldn't hit so much traffic. The other day, my rotation mates and I went to Kavikas for happy hour and I realized that there's a Borders at the Pike. There's also 90 minutes of free parking with validation so I've just been doing some studying at Borders to wait out traffic. It actually only took me 30 minutes to get home so it definitely cut my commute in half. PLUS, I get some studying done too. I also signed up for a new Borders rewards card because I realized that my old card actually belonged to an ex-boyfriend lol. Plus the new card is nice white color :) (me and my obsession with all things white). Apparently, if you buy 5 drinks, they'll send you a coupon for a free drink. I think I should be getting there real soon if I end up coming here after work everyday. Plus, I always end up getting coffee at the Borders at the Santa Anita Mall before going to the movies so I don't fall asleep haha. (Btw, their white chocolate mocha is the bomb diggity!! They actually give you white chocolate shavings on the top.

When I got home, I had two awesome surprises! First was a package from Tanya which contained some awesome goodies (pictured below) hehe. And 2nd was my first People StyleWatch! woohoo! I'm so glad I finally got a subscription (thanks to my secret santa Juday!). Now I'm just waiting on my Cosmo to make its way to my house.




After reading through my whole People StyleWatch, I went on an organizing frenzy and organized all the stuff (OTC presentations, case presentations, drug charts, etc) I've gotten during my rotations into separate binders. Everything is just organized into the major categories but everything within the different tabs is still a mess. I'll have to finish that on another day. My next major endeavor is organizing all my school notes. I really didn't like how they organized all the disease state and drugs because I feel like everything is everywhere! The only thing that's semi-organized is ID.

day 25: terrific tuesday
Today was a pretty good day at the pharmacy. We had filled over 350 scripts by 3ish and it didn't feel that busy at all. Now I'm at Borders breaking the rule that I made for myself that I wouldn't update my blog that much lol. There's not much that goes on on the weekdays but I just wanted to update about the weekend. I'll do more studying once I get home. I need to start studying for my disease state quizzes.

Anyways, hope everything is starting their weeks off right and have a happy hump day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...