Sunday, March 20, 2011

day 71 (saturday, march 12th)
Tony came up to see me this weekend and as always, we started off the weekend with some grub. Ever since I've been back in SoCal, I've wanted to try Savoy Kitchen (everyone aka Judy was raving about it haha). I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Hainam Chicken or eating chicken (besides fried chicken) when I go out to eat because places always cook their chicken so dry! But oh-em-gee their chicken is soooooooooo friggin good! It's so tender and moist (bahahaha). After eating we went to Tapioca Express and got some boba and just hung out for a bit. For dinner, I had purchased a deal from LivingSocial for The Bungalow Club on Melrose which was going to expire soon so we decided to give it a try (it was more me forcing Tony to try this place out lol). The place itself is pretty cool but the food was a little on the mediocre side. We ended up getting In-N-Out at the In-N-Out off of the 210 on Santa Anita. I seriously LOVE In-N-Out but this was seriously the slowest In-N-Out in life! And it's the worst when you get into one lane and the other lane ends up being super fast and you're just like "FML" haha. Anyways, we ended up staying at the DoubleTree in Monrovia which is super friggin nice. They have these cabana things outside by the pool and their rooms are super modern looking. Plus, they come with a microwave and microfridge!

day 72 (sunday, march 13th)
I was still craving waffles from last weekend so we went to the Roscoe's in Pasadena (I had no idea there was one in Pasadena). Didn't have to wait that long and it was funny 'cause when I ate the waffles at first, I was like "ehh... nothing special" and then I had a bite of the chicken (the batter is super delicious!) and then went back to the waffles, the combination was super delicious!! The waffle really calmed my mouth down from the hot sauce. After eating at Roscoe's, we decided to go see a movie and I guess it was my turn to choose so I picked Red Riding Hood (lol the previews looked good ok! lol). I really thought it was going to be good but it ended up being super cheesy (which I usually like haha) but I think what did it for me was the director. I had no idea who directed it so when the movie first started, I was like hmm... these scenery really reminds me of Twilight... and then BAM! Directed by Catherine Hardwicke! And then I knew it was going to be an interesting movie haha. The two guys in the movie were hott though :). Went to get dinner at Mr. Baguette, which I've never had (I never bought into the hype when there was a craze in high school). It was actually pretty good and the baguette was actually quite large, surprisingly.

day 73 (monday, march 14th)
Just another day at work and then I headed to the gym after work. I was really surprised by how busy it was. Usually I just go for the classes but I wanted to do some cardio on the elliptical and all of them were in use so I ended up doing weights.

day 74 (tuesday, march 15th)
Yet another day at work except I helped out with the smoking cessation clinic and I thought it was really surprising how most of the patients I saw were all on the patch but they still smoked (you're not supposed to smoke especially when you're on the patch). I feel really bad for the patients because they seem like they genuinely want to quit smoking but it's so hard :(.

day 75 (wednesday, march 16th)
Went to work as usual and worked until lunch and then headed to the VA in Long Beach for my meeting. I ended up getting lunch at L&L which I haven't had in a really long time (since I was back in Stockton) and then headed to my meeting. After the meeting, Tanya's twin sister was in town so we went to get Happy Hour at Yardhouse. I got the Chicken Lettuce Wraps which come with 3 different sauces. It actually surprised me because it was quite delicious.

When I got home, I got something from one of my favorite girls :).


Other than that, I didn't do much for the rest of the day.

day 76 (thursday, march 17th)
Happy St. Pattie's Day! Went to work as usual and then went to Starbucks with Judy to try to get some work done. And of course, after Starbucks, you've gotta make a trip to Target :).

day 77 (friday, march 18th)
Went to work as usual. After work I drove straight to Irvine to meet up with Tony. We went to eat dinner at BCD Tofu House in that one plaza where 85C Bakery is at. Apparently there's this revolving sushi place there that was hip hoppin'. BCD Tofu House was delish as usual and very filling. After filling our stomachs, we headed to Disneyland. We ended up parking in the employee lot because I guess the park was so crowded. We started off by going to the World of Disney Store where I purchased some items for my preceptor. Met up with Tanya, Jason, and Tanya's family for a little bit and then we headed to Disneyland since California Adventure was already closed. We were quite the picture whores this time around.


  


day 78 (saturday, march 18th)
Started the morning off by going to the Rooster Cafe. We Yelped the place and apparently their Breakfast Burrito is the shiznit. So I ended up getting the Breakfast Burrito and Tony got the Texas Toast Combo. Their Breakfast Burrito was delish! (and I don't even like burritos!) Their Portuguese sausage is sooooo good! After being fatties, we went to 85C Bakery to get some desserts. Waited in line for about an hour lol. We got our stuff and just people watched for awhile. 

day 79 (sunday, march 19th)
Pretty much bummed it the entire day. I've been watching TV the entire day and there's been two National Weather Service warnings already :/. One was a Flash Flood Warning and the other was a Severe Thunderstorm Warning :(. Scary stuff :/. 

Now that I'm finally caught up, I'm going to get some din din :)

Have a great week ya'lls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...