Saturday, March 19, 2011

day 63-70

day 64-65 (saturday, march 5th- sunday, march 6th): san diego getaway
Headed down to San Diego for the weekend. Started off the weekend off right by getting lunch at Miami Grill. Tony and I both got the Jamaican jerk chicken (it's friggin delicious! and EXTREMELY spicy... the wasabi up-your-nose-makes-you-want-to-die type lol). The restaurant is actually in this outdoor mall so we walked around the mall and got a little gelato and really enjoyed the weather (it was nice and sunny that day and I'm definitely getting extremely pasty from being indoors all day). I ended up getting this XL men's hobo looking sweater from Macy's for $16. Such a deal! Ate dinner at Tofu House on Convoy St. I was seriously amazed because it was the first time I went to a Korean restaurant where there was no Korean on the menu. Asian restaurants usually have descriptions on times in that native language and English so I was like, "this must be a super Americanized place" haha. I got to meet a few of Tony's friends and we headed to Soju Town (this Korean *obvious lol* karaoke place). There was a private birthday party but we were still seated. It was hilarious watching drunk people sing haha. After that we called it a night.

this is before we even started drinking lol
The next day I was majorly (apparently majorly is not a word on blogger because there's a red squiggly when I'm typing it lol) craving waffles so Tony suggested this really good breakfast place called "The Mission". They did have some yummy food although no waffles were to be found on the menu. They did have pancakes though so all was well in the world lol. Although they ran out of strawberries (blasphemy!) so I had to eat just banana pancakes which were good. Their Mexican Hot Chocolate was supposed to be really good so I tried that but it was too sweet so I traded with Tony :). We decided to go see a movie before I was going to drive back up to LA. The last time we saw a movie together I got to choose (I chose No Strings Attached which was super cute!) so I reluctantly (what?! I have only child syndrome) let him choose this one. So we ended up watching Rango because according to the critics (which I hate listening to) said to "See It!". It was pretty funny but it was a little slow at parts. After that I made my way back home and finished the off by unpacking all my stuff and getting ready for Monday.

spotted this beauty at hot topic haha


day 66 (monday, march 7th): just another manic monday... not really
Nothing happened today... just another day at work.

day 67 (tuesday, march 8th): joslyn center brown bag
For this rotation we had 2 different brown bag events. Today we had our first brown bag event at the Joslyn Center in Burbank. Saw a few patients but spent quite awhile talking to each one. It's interesting because patients didn't really have questions about their prescription drugs. They mostly had questions about vitamins.  I literally (or is it figuratively according to Ted Mosby? lol) have a big question mark above my head when it comes to vitamins. But yeah, after work I had to work on my drug presentation on Pitavastatin (Livalo) so I went to Starbucks to study with Judy. Other than that, nothing significant happened.

day 68 (wednesday, march 9th)
Today was one of those days where everything's fine and then all of a sudden "BAM!" hit by a bus. Basically I was at work and me and Tony are usually kik-ing each other throughout the day and he mentioned something that just irked me. After I got home, I called Judy and she made me feel better about the situation. Sometimes when I'm irked, I'm not exactly the most logical person and so Judy's like my USB with a bunch of logic files that I transfer over to my brain when I'm most illogical haha. And then it ended up that all my irked-ness was really for nothing.

day 69 (thursday, march 10th)
Busy day at work so I didn't really get to work on my drug presentation. I ended up going to Starbucks and spending the rest of my night working on the presentation. I ended up going to sleep around 1am (which is pretty late for me since I sleep around 10pm these days). The next morning I woke up startled 'cause I realized that an entire slide that went over the design of one of the clinical trials was completely blank because I was going to make a chart but I forgot. Luckily, the study actually had the study design included in a supplemental document so I was able to just copy and paste the picture (whew!).

day 70 (friday, march 11th) - judgement day for pitavastatin & tsunami
Today was my 45 minute presentation on pitavastatin which I thought went ok. It was just a little daunting because the preceptors asked me so many questions :/ but all in all, it went well. I had so many things to do today. After my drug presentation, I had to do the glucometer class. At the end of the day, we also had to demonstrate how to use the Novolog Flexpen to nurses and other staff. Once I got home I pretty much just bummed around for the rest of the night. I pretty much had palpitations for the rest of the day after my presentation so it was nice to just relax.

The pharmacy manager got lunch catered for us which was super nice. So for lunch we sat around in the conference room and watched Tsunami coverage. On Thursday, I believe, Japan was hit by 8.9 earthquake which led to the tsunami. Watching the coverage was crazy. I can't even imagine what it was like watching it live or being in Japan. It reminded me of 9-11 during high school where every class we went to we were just watching the news to see what was going on.

Alrighties friends, I realized I'm still a week behind but I have this huge patient case presentation
 that I need to work on. I will update on my breaks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...