Monday, March 07, 2011

day 52-63

day 52 (monday - feb 21, 2011)
So nice to have a day off! So much stuff going on this week though. I've been really wanting to scrapbook but my paper cutter has been cutting crooked so I wanted to go to Walmart (I also needed some other items as well). I ended up having lunch with Christina at Sushi of Naples in Pasadena and then we went to Walmart. Sometimes when I don't go to Walmart for a long time, I forget how friggin ghetto it is!! So we go to the restroom and we noticed that one of the stall doors was open and there were 2 other people were in front of us so I was thinking that the stall was probably broken. After the two people in front of us went into some of the other stalls, we were next. Then one by one people started coming out of that open stall. It was a mother with her 5 kids. They were all in  one stall. I mean I get it, your kids need to pee and you don't want to use up all the stalls and you don't want to leave anyone outside but c'mon!! And then it was just so crowded!

So a really big pet peeve of mine is when people try to get the closest spot possible. And I don't mean you go to the front row and happen to find a spot, yay-- do a little victory dance. I mean those lurkers that go around the parking lot maybe 50 times trying to find a spot in the front row.

day 53 (tuesday - feb 22, 2011)
So one of the many interviews I had on Friday was at Target and for Target you have to take this 1-2 hour assessment. I thought it would just be like any other assessment where you answer questions about stealing stuff, etc etc. My friends kind of warned me that it was going to be long with sequences and stuff so I was slightly prepared but once I started the assessment, I was literally blown away! It was 112 questions and like half of it was sequences. I felt like I was taking an IQ test more than an assessment for a job. I don't want to disclose too much (for that one person that reads my blog lol) but yeah. There was one sequence I couldn't figure out and I had to enlist Tony's help, since he used to be a math teacher lol (gotta utilize those resources you know? lol).

day 54 (wednesday - feb 23, 2011)
Went to the Linkin Park concert today at the Staples Center. Went to work as usual and then went home to get ready. Tanya met me at my house and we headed to the Staples Center. We ate at ESPN Zone because the lines everywhere were so freakin' long. I can't believe we spent $70 at dinner! At friggin ESPN zone! And it wasn't even that great! So I ordered this BBQ Short Ribs thing and I told them to sub the mashed potatoes for rice and guess what I got? I got ONION RINGS!!! wth?! Apparently at ESPN Zone, onion rings = rice and those two items are interchangeable.

The Prodigy opened for Linkin Park which we didn't get to see because we were eating. We got to see the tail end of the show where they played that song from the Matrix. But anyways, Linkin Park has to be one of the best concerts I've ever been too. I think it's 2nd only to Keane and the only reason Keane is #1 is because we were right up next to the stage. They sound just like the CD and especially being a rock group, they sounded amazing. The sound quality was amazing. I wish Paramore's concerts had better sound quality because I think they would sound amazing too. Their new CD is actually pretty good although the random people talking in the beginning and ends of the songs are a little weird.

After Prodigy before Linkin Park came on
Linkin Park time!



In The End...

day 55 (thursday - feb 24, 2011)
I had to make a Diabetes Patient Education presentation with the other student doing Amcare in the morning today. It went pretty well considering I didn't even look at the slides until right before the presentation being that I was at the Linkin Park concert. Just one patient asked me a question that kind of caught me off-guard. So I was going on about how 7 million people are living undiagnosed with diabetes and he looked like he had question so I asked whether he had a question. He was just like "If those people are undiagnosed, how did you figure out that number?". Beats me lol. I was just like, "Through the use of some statistical analysis, they can probably figure it out." lol. I'm great lol.

day (friday - feb 25, 2011)
Today was the highly anticipated career fair in Irvine at the Embassy Suites. I ended up interviewing with Walmart, Kaiser, CVS, Walgreens, Target, and RiteAid. I was only originally signed up for 4 interviews but I ended up signing up to interview with Walmart and CVS. All my interviews went fine besides my Target one which went horribly. Walmart was a surprisingly hard interview in that they made you counsel. Kaiser was super chill especially because I had a fellow Bruin interview me. CVS wanted me to work in Porterville which is a little North of Bakersfield. Walgreens literally said they weren't hiring except they had 1 spot left in Bakersfield. There were rumors going around that Target was the only one hiring and their interview was the hardest. RiteAid was a chill interview with Conrad. Anyways, after all my interviews I met up with Tony to eat at Chaparosa Grill. I bought the Living Social deal ($20 for $40 worth of food). It was sooooo much food. I originally got the coupon because I wanted to try their Jamaican Jerk Chicken but it turned out not to be the same as the one from Miami Grill. Their food was pretty good but definitely not as good as Miami Grill.

Later on that night we went to Disneyland and CA Adventures. I got to play on Toy Story and Tony finally beat me :(


I also got to see the back of World of Color. I had no idea that they added a Tron part to the World of Color show which means that I have to go watch it again :). It started raining pretty hard and my Uggs were completely soaked so I went to the Disney store and asked for 2 plastic bags and wrapped my feet in the bags so that they wouldn't get wet hehe (like how Lauren told me to do for snow boarding). we ended up going on Haunted Mansion, Snow White's Scary Adventure (which I hadn't gone on before because all my friends were like "It's scary!" which it was!! Can't believe it's a little kids ride. I would have for sure came out crying), Mr. Toad's yada yada ride (I forget the name lol). After all that, we still hadn't eaten dinner so we got KFC haha. Gotta love my fried chicken.

day 57 (saturday - feb 26, 2011)
Went to eat at Coco's for the first time. Their breakfast is actually pretty good. I think this was a super lazy day so I didn't do much. I think I was probably working on my Hypertension discussion handout.

day 58 (sunday - feb 27, 2011)
In celebration of Kelly's Birthday we went to eat dim sum at this place on Atlantic called "Elite". Their stuff is pretty fresh and good but I think most of the old school Asians don't like it because they like the pushing around of the carts and this place you just order on the piece of paper. It was really nice catching up with friends. I haven't had dim sum in a super long time since there's always some sort of family disagreement or I've always been gone during the weekends when they would go. After dim sum, I still had a lot of work to do so I went to study at Starbucks with Kelly, Sam, and Ana. I stayed there from 1:30 to 6pm. I think it's the longest I've ever stayed at Starbucks when I don't have an imminent exam to study for.

day 59 (monday - feb 28, 2011)
Went to work as usual. Last day of February! February totally flew by. Went to Starbucks to study for a bit with Pearl. Pretty insignificant day otherwise.

day 60 (tuesday - march 1, 2011)
Again another pretty insignificant day. Went to Starbucks with Judy and sent out Thank You letters to my interviewers. Tried to do other stuff but got too distracted.

day 61 (wednesday - march 2, 2011)
Went to work until noon since I had my meeting in Long Beach. Got lunch at Cha for Tea. Ate some sweet butter toast for lunch which was delicious but this place put way too much butter and sugar (which is probably why it was so good lol but near the end it got a little sickening). After our meeting we went to Niko Niko Sushi for Happy Hour. We're all trying to "train" for our Vegas Retreat from April 8-10 'cause apparently ever since rotations started, we've all become weaksauce. It was definitely a fun night trying to pick our preceptor of the year.

day 62 (thursday - march 3, 2011)
I didn't do anything special today so I'll go ahead and just talk about what happened to my poor patients. First, someone stole my patient's cane! Poor guy was limping all over :(. I was like that's like someone stealing your glasses! I was thinking "Who would do such a thing?!" but then I guess canes are expensive. One of my other patients got his phone stolen! So sad!

day 63 (friday - march 4, 2011)
Today me and the other student I'm with at the VA had to teach a glucometer class. I totally messed up the part about the lancing device because I was like "You push this button so the needle will poke you" and my preceptor was like "The other button!" whoopsies! After work I went to TKB for the first time in over 9 weeks! I pretty much only did TKB for 30 minutes because I was dying (I'm still deathly sore today and it's been 3 days already). After TKB I completely knocked out after showering.

Alright peeps, I'm outtie. Something very fun in the works ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...