Sunday, February 27, 2011

day 46-51

day 46 (tuesday, 02/15/11):
Left the house at 7am this morning and even with all the traffic, I was still able to make it here in around 30 minutes :/. It seems like no one even gets here until after 8am.

And then I sit outside the office for 30 minutes saying hi to all the veterans that pass by like a fricken greater or something. (do I sound bitter? lol). Nothing significant happened today (or at least nothing that I can remember now that I'm writing this entry a week later lol).

day 47 (wednesday, 02/16/11):
So I left the VA at noon today to go to my meeting in Long Beach. Again, meetings are pretty insignificant. After the meeting, we went to happy hour at this bar right across from the VA called The Beach Club. They actually have this Belgium beer that I like that I thought they only had at BJ's. It's the Peach Lambic except they had the rasberry one. At BJ's you can mix half Lambic with half of their cider and its super good. Got to see Tanya for the 2nd time since she's been back from Hawaii. Other than happy hour and stuff, there really wasn't too much that happened. We were just talking about our regional "professional development" retreat to Vegas in April haha. Let me just say there will be a lot of "professional development" going on haha.


day 48 (thursday, 02/17/11):
Thursday was a very special day because it was the birth of one of my bestest besties in the whole entire world, Judy! lol. So after work, Pearl and I got to chatting up about taking Judy out and so we gathered the Fab 5 girls up and went to POPchampagne, this wine bar in Pasadena. It's a small little place right next to the Container Store. We got a bottle of sparkling wine because on Thursdays their bottles are 33% off. We also tried a bunch of stuff. Judy got the Strawberry ice cream sandwiches, Pearl got the Churros, Sophie got garlic fries and I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter Creme Brulee (I know... you should have seen my face when I read that off the menu... instant O-face =P jk). All the food was pretty good but I definitely want to go back to try the Truffle Mac 'n Cheese. They ran out of that when we went :(.



day 49 (friday, 02/18/11):
The downside to this gig at the VA is that I won't get to have 3 day weekends anymore like I did at RiteAid. Even though I had to work on Saturdays, it was nice to have 3-day weekends just for my current dating situation. On Fridays the students lead a Glucose meter class so me and the other student just watched the pharmacist present this time and we'll be in charge for the next 5 weeks. After work I studied at Starbucks with Judy and then went to Target afterwards. It was pouring cats and dogs while we studied. We also got our free credit reports. Apparently I have 28 accounts open :/.

day 50 (saturday, 02/19/11):
Judy's birthday celebration was today. Pearl came in her Pearl bus and picked me and Judy up and we headed to Peach Cafe. We got there a bit early but apparently the gym that used to be right next to Peach Cafe is now a scrapbooking store (=O) so I pretty much went crazy and bought all this stuff (can my excuse be it was on sale? lol). Lunch at Peach Cafe was delicious as usual.

Afterwards we went to see The Kings Speech at the Krikorian. It was surprisingly good. Pretty funny. After that, we went bowling at 300 in Pasadena. I haven't bowled in the longest time! I sucked lol. I didn't even keep track 'cause I sucked so much lol. We decided to just walk over to Islands for dinner. We were so tired afterwards that we decided to call it a night.

Judy and her present :)
Picture whoring outside Peach Cafe
The new cast for the Subway "5 dollar foot long" commercials :P
picture whoring in monrovia
gotta love 'em balls

day 51 (sunday, 02/20/11):
Got lunch at Noodle World because I was trying to get a feel for what kinds of foods Tony would like. I mean, Noodle World is exactly like Banana Bay and Coconut Bay right? lol. He was so surprised to find the statue of Bob's Big Boy in the restaurant that he busted out his camera to take a picture. I've officially Asian-ized him lol. I don't know why but the food at Noodle World has become NOT SPICY AT ALL!! I don't know what happened but the Spicy Yakisoba didn't taste spicy at all! I was slightly disappointed. Their Noodle World Fried Rice also said spicy and again I didn't taste a single bit of spicy-ness. Afterwards, I wanted to go see what this Half & Half Honey Boba business was all about but there was literally a line as long as "the great wall of China" outisde of the Half & Half on San Gabriel and Las Tunas. So we parked right outside of Subway and we saw people eating inside. We were so tempted to go up to the window and be like "Five! Five Dollar! Five Dollar foot long!" The line was much too long so we decided to go see Gnomeo & Juliet instead. We went to the Santa Anita mall and apparently the world was about to end and the mall was the bomb shelter or something because it was friggin crowded as heck! We pretty much went around looking for parking for about 20 minutes and then gave up. Next stop... Target lol. We walked around Target for awhile and then it was time to Tony to drive back down to SD.

That's all for now folks. I know I'm still a week behind :(. 
Last week was a bit hectic but I will be caught up before you know it!
Have a great week ya'lls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...