Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Food: baco mercat, king taco


One thing I absolutely love when it comes to food is FRIED CHICKEN. Combine it with waffles and I'm literally in heaven. I recently discovered Bruxie and I thought their chicken and waffles was absolutely delicious! I think it's that coleslaw with sweet and sour sauce that puts it over the top for me (don't knock it until you try it!). I asked my coworkers what other places they would recommend for chicken and waffles and baco mercat was one of the places. Unfortunately when we went, they didn't have that on the menu :/. We ordered the Belgian Waffle anyway and it was absolutely delicious. It didn't look like anything special when we first got it but it was a tasty little sucker for sure.



decided to order some drinks for brunch: left - inca punch, right - steelhead ipa lol


the TNA - (turkey & pork belly)
consists of greens that taste like rabbit food although it contains a very tasty, flavorful sauce

the waffle

banana cream pudding


One last thing to add. We came at a slow time, right before the lunch crowd started filling up the place so we had amazing service. Our waters must've been filled at least 10 times. I'm with a camel these days so water follow-up during the service is a must. Parched customers = unhappy customers lol.



King Taco

Awhile ago, Tony and I were in Pasadena and decided to try the King Taco there. In my opinion, that place was a massive fail. I don't know how it has such great ratings on Yelp (but then again, Yelp ratings are slightly off sometimes) because personally, the one in El Monte is sooooo much better. First of all, it is way cleaner and lots more space to sit. Second, quality of the food was 10 times better. The onions were so fresh you can smell the "freshly diced onion" smell. Lastly, customer service was great. I obviously had no idea what the heck buche and saudero were before I ordered it so I asked the nice lady at the cashier what they were. She was nice enough to tell me even though it was hard for her to think of what the English translation of those meats were (it's like when someone asks you to say something in Chinese on the spot... hard when you don't know the exact words).

The buche was absolutely delicious. I looked online and it said it's supposed to be pig esophagus. Not sure that most people would like this though but I think it's one of those things you should at least try once so at least you know you don't like it lol. The worst thing that could happen is that you wasted $1.50. I happen to love the texture and tenderness of the buche. Good substitute for tripe although if King Taco started selling tripe, I'd probably be there every other day lol. The saudero tasted a little more like steak and was a little more tough. The flavor for both of the meats were very good. I'd love a little more cilantro and less onion in the future and please bring tripe to King Taco!!

left - taco de buche, right - taco de saudero plus hot sauce (sooo effing hotttt my mouth was on fire)




Happy Tuesday everyone! Only a few more days to go before the weekend! Too bad I'm working this entire weekend :/ but all you nine to fivers enjoy yourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...