Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pixar in Concert & Food Truck Festival



This last weekend my friends and I had tickets to see Pixar in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I love seeing shows at the bowl. The setting and sound is amazing and being there with the lover is a plus :). I kept telling Tony I was afraid I was going to cry during the Up portion and what did you know lol. It's just sooooo sad! I swear everyone around me was also sniffling... or maybe just really sweaty eyeballs?





all of us minus judy taking zee picture! photo cred: judy

intermission after sob fest 2012 during the UP portion of the show lol


Two weekends ago I went down to San Diego and Tony and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises at Cinepolis, this super fancy theatre. Instead of regular seats they have these barcaloungers and you can also order food at your seat. They have all the regular snacks/food that other theatres have while also having some actual food (sandwiches, pizza, gourmet popcorn, etc). Didn't get to take a picture of the food since the movie had already started but it was pretty good. I thought the movie was absolutely amazeballs! After the movie I was telling Tony how I thought the cinematography was amazing and I totally thought about this Foamy rant (see below, starts at 1:30). During me and Judy's time at UCLA we had this one TA that showed this to us at one of our reviews. After that day we went back to the residence halls and watched pretty much all of Foamy's videos. All of Foamy's rants are hilarious and most of them are so true!





would definitely pay extra for this... until i can afford these chairs in my own home lol

After watching the movie, we headed to the Del Mar Food Truck and Beer Festival. I didn't take many pictures because I was too busy scarfing down my food but here's one of this waffle place there was there. Super good!




After grubbing, Tony and his friends went to bet on the final race of the day. I did not bet lol. I'm just not a huge fan of gambling.




On our way home from the fair. Sunset in Del Mar. Hopefully one day this will be the view from my back yard.


For dinner we went to this Afghan restaurant in Hillcrest. I was too busy eating to take pictures but the food was actually really good. I'm not a big fan of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern food so I was hesitant about this place but Afghan food was actually pretty flavorful. I tried this lamb dish that was alright. I think I should go more for lamb chops next time because the lamb tasted more like ground meat which I don't really like. After dinner we went to Chocolat and got some ice cream and cocktails. I got watermelon ice cream which tastes just like watermelon juice! Super good and refreshing!



After the mini earthquakes we've been getting in Southern California, I get the feeling that the big one is coming :/. Anywhos, hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...