Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Birthday Post 2012


cake from my manager :D

First and foremost, I wanted to say a big thank you to my amazing friends for making the treck down to San Diego to spend the weekend with me. I've been a little homesick without my friends around and it really meant the world to me.

Birthday weekend commenced on Nov. 10th. We started the day off with me heading off to the post office to pick up a package my friend had sent me. I got to the post office at 8:30a but they weren't open until 9a so I decided to start the morning off right by going to Starbucks! I got their Caramel Brulee Latte which was absolutely delish! This has been my favorite winter drink. It used to be the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha. Anyways, I digress. I got back to the post office right at 9a and I kinda wanted to punch myself in the face for being one of "those" people that wait right outside your workplace when you just opened your doors. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine when people are waiting outside the pharmacy when we haven't even opened yet. But I get it now lol. As soon as I got home, I opened up my present and was seriously floored! I couldn't believe she got me the iPad mini! I don't own a tablet and I've had my laptop since I started pharmacy school back in the summer of 2008 so this was definitely something that I really needed (as I mentioned in another post, I was looking into getting a new laptop). Now that I have the iPad mini, I'll just get a bluetooth keyboard and I'll have "laptop" lol. Seriously, I'm so attached to this thing. I'm surprised I didn't jump on this bandwagon earlier! Totally love it!

thanks tanya!!!

I've been itching to shop so we headed to the mall. Macy's was having an absolutely amazing sale! I got a bunch of stuff for almost $50. I was looking for a dress for a wedding and I got one for $10 including tax! The lines were crazy! We were starving after being done with shopping we got some food and that's when all my friends arrived! We did a little more shopping and then headed back to our place. We decided on eating ramen for dinner. Tony's friends were talking about this place called Under Belly so I decided to give it a try. Plus, it was in Little Italy and I was hoping to go to Extraordinary Desserts after dinner. Saturday night was absolutely FREEZING in San Diego. I wasn't feeling that well because I had bottomless mimosas at lunch (lol) so dinner in the freezing cold (the restaurant is outdoors and you eat on window panes) wasn't exactly the best. It was so cold that we decided not to stop at Extraordinary Desserts. But when I got home, I was surprised by the beautiful tiramisu cake my friends got me! So pretty!

tiramisu cake from extraordinary desserts courtesy of my besties

We spent the rest of the night watching the last season of How I Met Your Mother and attempting to make friendship bracelets lol. We ended up calling it a night pretty early since I wasn't feeling really well.

The next day, we had a lunch date at The Prado.


It was a beautiful for lunch outdoors.





After lunch, we enjoyed some picture whoring opportunities around Balboa Park.









It was an amazing weekend but all good things must come to an end. I had work on Tuesday but after work when I got home, I found the bf with this huge present!

when i saw the words "bloom" all i could think of was ross and "bloometh" lol


New toy! If only I had time to play with it!

We decided to go to Sushi Ota for dinner since they had such great reviews. It was absolutely delicious!  It definitely deserves the 4.5 stars on Yelp. Everything was super duper fresh.





Such a yummy dinner!

Twas an amazing birthday! Until next year! Love you all and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...