Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Sounds: Coachella 2014 Series - Alesso




"Can we freeze karma and surrender our rights and wrongs
Can we just for a night let the stars decide where we belong
Maybe heaven right now is a devil or angel away
That won't change
Together we vow that our colors will sparkle the faith"

For awhile at work we would go in 2 hours before we opened to get started in the morning to just set up for a good day and coffee wasn't really enough to wake us up so we'd always play the Levels by Avicii radio station on Pandora just to get our blood pumping. There was one song that I remembered that I kept running to my phone to see what it was. Turns out it was "Calling" by Sebastian Ingrosso and Alesso. Absolutely love the song. What I also love about the song is that it is such a great song for a video montage of sorts. I wanted to use it as the background of my Coachella 2013 memories video but I still haven't had a chance to make it lol. Hopefully I can use some of his songs in this years' video since he'll actually be there. I also feel like his songs really capture a journey and the energy at Coachella. I absolutely cannot wait to see him live!!! Below are a few of my favorites from Alesso. If I Lose Myself from 2:00 to 2:10 really reminds me of Space Mountain for some weird reason (the background noise that makes it sound a little ghoul-y). City of Dreams has been a recent favorite of mine and is currently on repeat 1.










One of my favorite videos to watch of their road to Coachella featuring snippets with Ryan Tedder. I love how it shows some of the behind the scenes to how they collaborated on the song as well as their energy level in creating a masterpiece. Definitely worth the trip over to VEVO on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. I have such a crush on Ryan Tedder since seeing him in the One Republic concert LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! he's like a ryan gosling that can sing *swoons*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...