Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Concert: Kings of Leon

Concert Series:


March 22nd, 2014 
Kings of Leon at the Sleep Train Amphitheater in Chula Vista, CA

You always know that you've been to a great concert when you come out of the concert wanting to go back and listen to more songs that you didn't know you liked until you heard it live. I was pretty much completely infatuated with the entire Only by the Night album with selected songs from the Come Around Sundown and Mechanical Bull. I hadn't heard very many songs from Mechanical Bull except maybe "Wait For Me" and "Supersoaker". After listening to almost the entire album live (if not the whole thing), I've been soooo obsessed with "Tonight", "Coming Back Again", and "Family Tree" (my favorite one being Tonight). Sadly they didn't play 2 of my favorites from the Come Around Sundown album, "The Face" and "The End" but all in all it was a great concert. The only problem was this crowd. Honestly, I feel like if you're going to be in the pit area, you need to stand up. And trust me, I'm not the kind of person that's jumping up and down brimming with excitement but I at the very least stood for the entire concert and jived (is that the right word? lol) to the music. The artists feed off your energy and a lot of the people were sitting down and I felt like it would've been a much better show if people showed that they actually wanted to be there. It was like when Tanya and I went to the John Mayer concert at the Hollywood Bowl and he made a shout out to all the "real" fans all the way in the bleacher seats because most of the people that have the super close seats were the sons and daughters of the record execs with their arms crossed looking like they weren't impressed just 'cause "mummy and daddy" got them tickets to all the shows and what not. *shrugs* Ah well.. what can you do. Hope you enjoy these pictures and I also have a few videos from the show!


















i had to lol this old man taking a picture with his flip phone kekeke






they made is snow in san diego!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...