Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sephora 15% Off Beauty Insider Haul





I posted a picture on Instagram of a few things I hauled from Sephora and some of you had asked what I liked most and my opinion on some of the products so I thought I'd do some mini-reviews on some of the products I've tried for the past few days. Hope you enjoy! Did you buy anything in the recent Sephora Beauty Insider sale? Share your purchases in the comments section below!


1. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 
I've heard a lot of beauty gurus talk about how they like this palette more than the 1 & 2. I thought I'd check it out for myself. When I opened up the package there it actually looked like it was used for one of the colors :/ and there was also quite a bit of fall out. I actually really like the palette. I haven't used it very much yet but I've been using "Nooner" every single day!

2. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
When Ingrid (missglamorazzi) first mentioned this in her video, I knew I had to try it because she always mentions how oily her eyelids are (mine are probably about the same) but I completely forgot about it. So when Estee (essiebutton) talked about how her mom had swatched it on her hand and the staying power of it, I was reminded that I must get this product. I tried it out this past weekend when I was in LA and oh-em-gee, it's amazeballs! It literally stays on all day and it doesn't smear at all!

3. Benefit the PORE fessional - Agent Zero Shine
One of the 3 samples I got. It actually came with a little small brush. Haven't really heard much about this one so we'll see.

4. Benefit Bigger Than BB Big Easy Liquid to Power
Another one of the 3 samples I got. Still haven't gotten to trying it out yet.

5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion
I think Holly (hollyannaeree) has talked about this one a lot so I'm finally getting around to trying it. I tried it out on Friday and there are 2 things that really bug me about it. First, why haven't they made it a twist up?! (yes, I'm probably the laziest person on Earth). Secondly, it somehow got smeared on my contacts and it's a freakin' mo-fo trying to get that stuff off! *Sigh* I had high hopes.

6. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter with softening shea butter and aloe vera
OMG. This stuff smells so freaking good. It doesn't smell like you just slathered yourself in fragrance though. It just smells like you just came out of the shower. It's also extremely moisturizing (not as much as a those super thick creams). It also doesn't feel heavy like some of the thick creams do.

7. Origins Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores
I really like this mask so far. I've tried it once last week since my skin has been having a field day. I've been having a lot of breakouts and I do feel like this has helped a little to dry out those super oozy one (TMI I know lol).

8. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
My first time purchasing the actual oil. I had the lotion (I think) before. I've only used this once since I've gotten it but I'm not a real big fan of the scent :/. I'm not sure if it's just me but it smells like they tried to get rid of the scent but it smells like they put something into it to get rid of it and it just smells plain weird!

9. Caudalie Vinosource Serum S.O.S. Desalterant
There's probably a reason why my favorite bloggers/vloggers love this stuff. I love it too. Super moisturizing without feeling heavy. I actually follow Claire's (heyclaire) skincare routine video where she uses the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence first and then puts the serum on. My skin is pretty oil and acne prone (same as hers) and I really do feel like my skin looks and feels smoother after using these two products together.

10. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium 2 Ginger
This was another oh-em-gee product for me. Like seriously where has this product been all my life?! I've been buying all these drugstore concealers and they are always so drying. The whole point of me needing concealer is that I need to cover up those nasty pimples and hyperpigmentation and not draw more attention to them because of the dryness. This concealer is great because it's super creamy (as stated in the name). I don't think I got the right color though... it's a tad darker than my current skin color so I think I'll probably repurchase a shade down the scale but I think it'll be a perfect shade for summer.

11. Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
Super moisturizing and it does feel a little greasy. I used this 2 days in a row and I kinda felt it made my skin break out because it clogged up my pores O_O. So I'm not sure what to think of it. Maybe it was just user error lol.

12. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
My final oh-em-gee product. Now, I'm not 100% sure it's this product by itself or just my current skincare routine but I've definitely noticed my pores getting smaller (especially the ones around my cheek area). It's gotten to the point where I don't even need to use my Benefit PORE-fessional O_O (I know!). I hope it's something that'll actually keep working though and not something my skin will just get used to.

13. Soap & Glory Clean, Girls Skin Softening Creamy Body Wash
Haven't started using this yet but I heard it smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (which is my fragrance of choice) so I can't wait to try it!

14. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish
Haven't tried this yet either but it's just a deluxe sample that I used my Beauty Insider points for so we'll see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...