Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring 2015 Fashion


Spring is here! Or if you live in Southern California, it seriously feels like summer already. I had a chance to go shopping lately for some Spring stuff (as well as some non-spring items) and I thought I'd do a little haul.

I have TJMaxx right by my work and it's a real shame that I don't go there more often. This particular TJMaxx always has really great stuff (mostly clothes, not so much for the home section though). I'm absolutely in love with Spendid shirts made from the modal material and this store usually has a bunch. This time, I was inspired to go shopping for some looks I saw from the Spring "Looks We Love" section of their site. I really love this pink ensemble from their site.


So when I went shopping, I was looking to add a bit of color to my usual white, grey, black palette that I have going on. I ended up buying this American Eagle Aerie Favorite T (similar) in the v-neck style ($6.99).  I have extremely sensitive skin to the point where there are certain clothes that I buy that I wear once and I never wear it again because it irritates my skin so much. There are certain shirts and pants that I have to cut off all the tags, otherwise I get itch-crazy. This tee is made of 60% cotton and 40% polyester and it's extremely comfortable. It does look like a shrinker so I'd be aware when washing/drying especially if you are looking for a looser fit shirt.



I'm guessing I'm really into the bright pink/coral color for spring because I ended up purchasing a second tee that looks very similar to the Aerie tee. This one isn't that "washed out" material of the Aerie one so it would be a great option for going out without that beachy/casual look.



I couldn't steer clear of the whites for long. I love all things white and the trouble I have with white pants or shorts are that they seem to always show my underwear. I haven't been able to find a pair of shorts that aren't practically see-through. While I was browsing, I picked up a pair of high-waisted scalloped shorts just for shits and giggles and I ended up loving them! They actually matched really well with the pink/coral shirts I had picked out. The great thing about solid white shorts is the versatility. If you want to look more put together, I'd go for an all-white monochromatic outfit. For a more fun look, pair the shorts with a floral/printed top.





This is all the Spring/Summer items I have bought so far. There are a few more items I'm looking to add to my wardrobe this season like some culottes (which I could also be good for work as well), fringe stuff, a maxi dress, nice sweat-proof sandles (I have a hyperhidrosis problem) and a jumpsuit. I'll keep ya'll updated! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...