Wednesday, January 05, 2011

day 4/5: gahhhh I already missed a day :(

So I missed a day already :( lol. But the really important thing we learn throughout teaching smoking cessation lessons is that sometimes you fall off the horse, but the important thing is that you get right back on! I've been using this for everything! Last year I made a conscious effort to start flossing (bad teeth run in my family) and sometimes I'd forget (or "forget") but then the next day is a new day and you just gotta doo it!

So before I forget, I was watching the Katy Perry special on Monday night and one thing she said really stuck with me. She said,
"Sometimes the things you want to happen in your life don't happen on your schedule because it's all about timing."
I feel like its a really positive statement and a really positive way of looking at things. Anyways, I think I've got some explaining to do right? Here goes..

day 4 - light at the end of the tunnel
So I my preceptor told me to come in at 9am today which means extra hour of sleep right? Wrong. LA traffic is all about timing. You leave 15 minutes later? BAM! You're stuck in maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour more of traffic. So instead of leaving at 7:30 to get to my rotation site by 9, I got up at 5:30, got to my site by 7:10 and just slept in my car until 9 lol. I've got a blanket and pillow in my car now so it looks like someone is literally living in my car.

So I get in and once again I'm a filling automaton with no idea how to work the computer and because of that I feel like I shouldn't even attempt to answer the phones! What am I supposed to say "Hi, please hold on for someone that can actually help you 'cause I'm just incompetent". It's weird. I need someone to lay down the ground rules you know?

I get out around 5:30 and it's seriously pitch black outside. The drive on the 710 is great until the dreaded 10 interchange. There has to be a way to make that thing better isn't there?! But I make it to the interchange in less than 30 minutes but from there, it literally took me an hour to get to my house. I want to say it's about 6 or 7 miles. Freakin ridiculous!

So I got home and thank goodness my mom bought food for me! Yes, I'm spoiled now haha. I actually spoke to my mom about this the other day. I was saying how I wasn't spoiled as a kid 'cause they never let me buy anything that I wanted. And so my mom was like "well look at all those pretty dresses we bought for you." and I was like "I hated those dresses! They were so itchy! I mean like toys and stuff." And she was like "well we got you Barbies!" lol. I had TONS of Barbies. I actually stored them in a suitcase haha. Anyways, in the end we both agreed that NOW they spoil me :). I hate to say it but it is very nice =D.

I did get a nice surprise in the mail today! My Ugg wannabees from American Eagle just came in! So warm! I've been wearing them in the house hehe :).


I was supposed to work on my Depression presentation and case presentation for the meeting but I was just a tad... distracted lol. We'll just leave it at that ;). A little mystery never hurt anyone haha.

day 5 - joy to the world
A little late for Christmas you say? Those closest to me will understand why there's a need for celebration hehe.

I woke up around 9 today and managed to crank out both my Depression presentation and my case presentation :). Skills... I know *brushes dirt off shoulders*. Then I headed to Long Beach which was a pretty smooth ride except there were about 10 cops on the 605 giving people speeding tickets. Every time I pass a cop I hope and pray that they don't tag me. The meeting went very well and I did both my presentations EXCEPT for the fact that quizzes are being reinstated *barfs* (Lauren's influence finally kicks in haha... I guess she was the one that started "Yumes" too haha). Oh well, I guess I better get started with that studying for the boards stuff lol

Anyways, as I mentioned earlier I got some Fresh & Easy coupons I want to use so I'm going to head out. I need to make stuff that doesn't need to be heated up because I don't get to eat in the break room and so I don't have access to a microwave :(. I just eat in my car lol. And plus one of my sisters posted this recipe on Facebook and it looks delicious!

Goodnight friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...