Monday, January 03, 2011

day 3: what a freakin' boner of a day

I don't know how it started but my friend started using the term "boner" to describe events that are total doozies and ever since then, the term caught on and I've been using it ever since. I really don't know why boner would be a bad thing lol but I guess it's more of the sarcasm? Anyway, today was a total boner. First of all, I couldn't sleep ALL FREAKIN NIGHT!!! I think I might've gone to sleep at like 3am. I was basically Chandler from "Friends" all night long... "If I sleep now, I'll get 5 hours of sleep"... "If I sleep now, I'll get 4 hours of sleep"... "If I sleep now, I'll get 3 hours of sleep"...

So I wake up at 5:30 after snoozing for 30 minutes and left my house for Long Beach at 6:10am and got to Long Beach at 6:50am. Then I just debated, read HIV/AIDS guidelines... or play bejeweled... you can just guess which one won lol. After an hour of playing bejeweled (I know... such a hard life... my index finger was tired :P), I finally went in to meet my preceptor. He was really nice, quite funny and he talks to himself a lot haha (I mean I do that all the time being an only child haha). It was like I was doing my community rotation all over again... except more intense because instead of doing around 160 scripts a day at Target, I'm doing 400-500 scripts a day. Thank goodness for "automation" aka "Peggy" or so they call her.

I seriously felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. The thing about working in a community setting is that everyone has their little quirks and how they like things done. When you're a newbie and especially as an intern, you kind of feel like you have to earn the respects of everyone in the pharmacy. Respect isn't just given to you, you really have to earn it. I feel like a lot of interns walk into the pharmacy with this "holier than thou" attitude. Honestly, pharmacists are nothing without their techs and techs are nothing without their pharmacists. So I finally managed to figure out how to use the freakin phone (I must've made so many mistakes) and called for a few copies and took a few new ones.

So finally in the afternoon after 2 other pharmacists came in there was finally time for my preceptor and I to talk briefly about expectations. I guess he only wants me there when he's there so this week he has Friday off but has to work Saturday so I have to do the same. Total boner right? Really dude? Saturday? I seriously wanted to punch him in the face but hey, my grade depends on me not getting in trouble for punching a preceptor... or possibly just hurting my own hand lol. I've never punched anyone before but I really want to punch someone really really hard just to see what it'd be like lol. Would I even make a dent? haha. Probably not... But yeah... he wants me to make drug charts and read about the virology and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS so that's what I'll probably be doing after work. Thank goodness there was no traffic when I headed home and my mom had bought me some Vietnamese food to eat (yumes!).

Just finished watching the Katy Perry special on E! It was really cute to see her talk about her and Russell. I can't believe she's only 25...

Ooo! I got some coupons for Fresh & Easy! Time to go buy some food for work. Probably going to call it night... I know.. super grandma status but seriously I'm running on 2 hours of sleep.

I'll leave you with the super cute packages from my pharmacy school besties!

pharming besties! :)





thanks for the presents lauren!!


That's all folks. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...