Monday, February 07, 2011

day 36-38: gong shi gong shi!

Music: Lloyd ft. Juelz Santana - Pusha (I was listening to a CD I made of my Top 25 most played songs before my hard drive had to be replaced and this was numero dos! So fitting too being that I'll be a licensed pill pusher soon =P)






Howdies!

Hope everyone had a great Chinese New Year and Superbowl weekend! Here's my update of my weekend.

day 35 (friday): biggie biggie can't you see
I had Friday off and finally got a chance to see my big sister, Cat, from my fraternity! We went to get drinks at Gyu-kaku 'cause they have some pretty good drink specials and on this specific day, they actually had a buy 2 get one free deal so we each ended up getting 3 drinks each :). I think the Peach Berry drink was my favorite. I also tried the Lychee Saketini which was kinda strong and the Bay Breeze which was alright. It was so nice catching up because we literally haven't gotten together since maybe the pledging days.

day 36 (saturday): family din din and blue valentine
So this was one of those weekends that I had to work but my preceptor let me out early which was nice. I went home and then went to a family dinner with my mom's side of the family. It was really nice being home for Chinese New Year for once! I've been in Stockton for the last 2 Chinese New Years and I feel like I'm so distant from my family. It was good getting to catch up with some of my cousins. Apparently we all have Words with Friends so I've started playing with them now haha. It was funny 'cause we started playing during dinner and we were all zoned in on our phones.

After dinner I went to see Blue Valentine with Judy, Pearl, and Sophie. So I didn’t really know what the movie was about, just that Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are in it and I saw a brief preview of it where Ryan Gosling was making Michelle Williams tap dance outside the shop. But dude, the theatre must’ve been hot ‘cause even my eyeballs were sweating! What a sad movie! There were so many parts where I was crying and then after the movie Judy was like, “Who died??” lol. But I thought it was a good movie that really makes you think. 

day 37 (sunday): death-aversary?
Woke up and went right to shopping lol. I mentioned that I bought the Groupon for Barnes & Nobles so I used it on a Naplex Review book. I read the reviews and apparently there are a lot of typos, etc but I really don't know what to expect for the Naplex at all so I think it will be a good starting point. 

Then I went to my uncle's (on my dad's side) house in Claremont to have a get together for the anniversary of my grandfather and for Chinese New Year. I got to see my cousin's son who is just 3 months old. His name is Ethan and he's the most adorable little boy ever!! I love it when babies aren't shy. He let me carry him and he was just so chill! He didn't cry or anything until we made him wear this red Chinese new year outfit and he got super hot.

Here's some pictures:
Little baby Ethan! I was so sad that I wasn't able to catch him laughing.

Left: My cousin's daughter Meredith. Right: feast!

After lunch at my uncle's, I went to Starbucks to study with Pearl. Actually got some productive studying done. I know my preceptor is going to be asking me TONS of questions this week because he's using it as a basis on how to grade me so I was trying to study a bit more on the popular disease states but I only got to look over PCP (Pneuomocystis jiroveci pneumoniaand MAC (Mycobacterium avian complex... not the makeup lol). Then we went to Target and I finally bought myself a pair of Spring/Summer shoes! I've been looking for some cute wedge or espadrilles but everything I found was super freaking expensive. 


Judy joined us at Target and we decided to get pizza and beer and watch Glee at Pearl's house. So we headed to the Pizza place next to Jamba and got some pizza's togo. Apparently their pizzas are 2 for $5 after a certain time or if you check in on Yelp. We went to Pearl's house and ended up watching the end of the Superbowl game. Watched some of the commercials and the Facebook status car one really was really hilarious! After watching that commercial, I was checking FB and this came up on my Newsfeed:

I almost died laughing. Amen to that Farmville comment lol. Glee was good :). The dialogue was so friggin hilairous! Can't wait until they remake the Fireworks song this Tuesday! So Pearl told me that Kings of Leon actually hates Glee and they won't let them remake any of their songs! I was sooo sad! No remake of Sex on Fire or Closer :(.

day 38: a bad case of the mondays
So I was totally right about my preceptor asking me tons of questions (well not really tons but he went from not asking me any questions to asking me questions so it felt like a lot lol). He was asking me what are 2 issues that you need to worry about with metformin. I immediately jumped to hypoglycemia because most diabetes drugs have a chance to cause that... except for metformin because it's not a secretagogue lol. Fail. Then I dug deep into the depths of my brain and realized that it causes lactic acidosis! So that was one of them (I felt partially redeemed at this point). And the second thing was that you need to stop it before going for any contrast dye blah blah (Can you just hear jenana-banana?). And he was like why would you need to stop metformin before doing a contrast dye radiograph? And I was digging into the depths of my brain again and remembered all that stuff about acute renal failure so I just blurted it out and it was right! lol. I felt so proud haha. I guess jenana-banana's material stuck in my head better than I thought. I just kept picturing her lecture notes lol. Then he asked me about what calcitriol was. And the whole time I just kept thinking it's calcium! lol. But it's actually activated Vitamin D. You give it to people that have kidney problems because you need adequate kidney function to convert ergocalciferol to activated Vitamin D.

So I was at Borders earlier writing this post and my computer totally blue screened (aka crashed). I totally freaked out because I hadn't backed up my stuff in a really long time. So I'm backing up my stuff as we speak. I was really trying to finish this post before I got home so I ended up leaving a little bit later than I thought and when I got to the ticket booth, I was supposed to have to pay $2. I was just 2 minutes over the guy said but he just let me go :). It's funny how the littlest things can make your day so much better... even just a little text saying "eye meesh choo" :).

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...