Wednesday, February 09, 2011

day 39-40

So I forgot to mention that I contacted my preceptor on Monday. She seems really nice. I asked her if there are certain things I should look over to prepare and she was saying how the main focus will be on the anticoag clinic so to look over those guidelines. She also said that we’d be going over most of the main disease states every week so hopefully this will really help me prepare for Internal Medicine because I’m pretty sure I’m going to look like a dumbass.

day 39 (tuesday): priceline devirginized
This coming weekend I’ll be heading down to San Diego for a mini-vacay after the end of this 4th rotation. So I needed to book a hotel and I’ve recently been informed of this Priceline business. It was a pretty great deal considering I’m put a bid of $43 dollars a night and I’ll be staying at a Double Tree. With all the fees and stuff it ended up being around $50 a night which is a lot cheaper than what I paid before when Christina and I went to San Diego right before Christmas. And another cool thing about Priceline is that you can go thru Ebates and get 3% back on your purchase! Although Ebates has been kind of pissing me off lately because I went and bought stuff from both Barnes and Nobles and Priceline and somehow they didn’t recognize that I bought anything. I wrote to their customer service about it so we’ll see what they say.

day 40 (wednesday): 2nd to the last day!
Today is the 2nd to the last day at my current rotation!! I can’t believe this rotation is over already! That means that I’m 2/3 done with rotations! Graduation is only 3 months away!! Ahhh!! Today was super busy at the pharmacy. I felt really bad ‘cause I haven’t really been typing any prescriptions this whole time until the other day when one of the technicians was like “oh, the other interns just asked Michael (my preceptor) if they could start typing.” Oh. Good thing I found this out the last week of rotations! lol. Anyways, so I was typing… at snail’s pace. I mean I’m used to getting a script and then looking to see if we have any in stock so that’s what I do and it takes me forever. I’ve been out of a retail pharmacy for way too long :(. Sometimes we dispense drugs and I’m like “wtf is this?!” Or, “Wha?!! They have a generic for ______ now?!”
Today will be my last day hanging out at this Borders to wait out traffic! I’m a little sad because the baristas here know me now haha. It’s funny how the baristas here know me better than my regular Starbucks. They’re a lot friendlier too! They will be missed!

So I was checking out Lauren Conrad’s new Spring 2011 Lookbook via The Budget Babe and I'm loving it. I really love her looks because they aren't too out there and I feel like it's stuff I would actually wear. Also, her styles are more on the conservative end (not too revealing) so it would be stuff I could wear to work as well. The new line has a lot of blazers and spring dresses which I love. If I can find a good Kohl's coupon, I'll probably be buying a few things. Plus, it's another Ebates site so I'd be getting cash back! (I swear getting cash back will be the death of me... This is why I buy so much stuff using my credit card because I'm always like "oh! I get 1% back!". 

Alrighties kiddies, lots of drama for your momma at the moment so I'm gonna head out. Hope you guys had a good hump day!
P.S. One of my friends asked me to be her maid of honor!! Super duper excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...