Monday, February 14, 2011

day 41-45: seeing you gives me tachyarrythmias =P

Happy Valentine's Day errbuddy!! 

Photo: Beastly couple Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer *drools*

Gahd it's been forever since I updated huh?! Mah bahd! Got a little preoccupied with rotation numero 4 ending and then my trip down to San Diego. *so I'm realizing now that I will have to break this update into 2 parts because I have too much to say and too little time. I've literally been updating since around 7pm lol*

day 41 (thursday): sometimes solutions aren't so simple, sometimes goodbye's the only way
In celebration of going to see Linkin Park in exactly 9 day (yay!), the Shadow of the Day song was played over and over as I rejoiced over ending another rotation! The sun definitely set for this one being that I worked 1-10pm on that last day. He hasn't given me my grade yet but I'm guessing it's going to be a "B" because my clinical skills are definitely lacking. The ending of this rotation was quite bittersweet. I felt like by the end of this rotation, my preceptor had really warmed up to me. He even gave me a nickname... "Bump-its". Originally he wanted to call me "Snooks" after Snooki but this other girl that works at the pharmacy is from Jersey and he calls her that so I guess Bump-its is the next logical thing after snooks lol. But yeah, nothing special happened today. Just ran some errands before work: bank, Ziba, and oil change.

day 42 (friday): i'm going down down baby, yo street in a range rover
Woke up around 9 because I had to finish up some laundry before I headed down to San Diego. Didn't start heading down to San Diego until 11:50a. I was so surprised by how difficult it was to pack for the whole weekend! And I didn't even wear anything crazy fancy. For the most part I was wearing jeans with either a tank or t-shirt. I guess the difficult part was trying to transform something that I would be wearing during the day into something I could wear at night so I wouldn't have to bring my big 'ole Europe suitcase. Anyway, the drive down to San Diego was nice and smooth. Encountered one cop with one of those gun things but luckily I braked like no tomorrow lol and was spared.

I forget how nice the drive down to San Diego is! The last time I visited SD was actually this winter break with Christina and because SoCal was experiencing freaky weather, it was actually cloudy and raining for the entire drive. On this particular day (and for the duration of the weekend), the weather was absolutely beautiful. I had to try so hard not to turn my head towards the ocean (it's really a shame I haven't gotten the driver of the year award yet with my spotless driving record and all lol)...

Anyways! haha. So I haven't really talked much about the matters of the heart here just because things are in the beginning stages and I didn't want to jinx it (and I still don't! how many fingers/toes/eyes should I cross? throw salt over my shoulder? =X). But whether things turn out to be the next great love affair or just another ribbity froggy, I'd hate to not document something that's such an overwhelmingly beautiful part of my life right now. So like I said, it's still the beginning and with the beginning stages, there's always that excitement. But at the same time there's so much uncertainty (I mean, nothing in life is ever certain but it just seems a lot more certain later on). Anyways! lol. There was the question of whether or not to celebrate Valentine's Day, Single's Awareness Day, Vale-normals Day, whatever you want to call it haha. We decided that it would just be better if we didn't celebrate it. So when I met him up at the Park & Ride (I couldn't check-in to my hotel yet because check-in was at 3pm and I arrived in SD around 1:30pm), I was surprised to find flowers waiting for me in the car :) (one batch was of my favorite flower, the stargazer lily) *photos below... keep in mind the photo I took today (2/14) and flowers are from Friday and spent 3 whole days tanning and becoming more like leatherface in a car lol. I'm telling you, these flowers are survivors =P*.

Anywhos, there was also a bag of other goodies for me but we were both starvles so we headed to our dining place for lunch. I had mentioned that I love seafood so he brought me to Jake's Del Mar (I realize they have a bunch of restaurants of the same company in Hawaii... just went to the site and tried to pronounce the words... it was not pretty lol especially Poipu Beach bahahahaha). I had the salmon which was delish because it had this Asian-y sauce and it was straddling the "rare" line (what can I say? I like my cows moo-ing and fish practically swimming lol) and he had the sea bass which was a little dry but still good. The atmosphere is super nice because you're pretty much eating inside a beach house. Seriously, the pictures on the site really don't do it justice. We literally scarfed down lunch in 30 minutes and then it was another mysterious excursion to an undisclosed location which ended up being the tidepools at Cabrillo National Monument. What a beautiful view. I tried to take pictures but honestly they sucked ass-holes compared to the real thing so I'm not even going to waste space by posting them up lol.

After checking out the tidepools and doing some hiking (which I did in my flip flops... again lol... I'm starting a new trend of ways to sprain your ankle), we went to check out the Old Point Loma Lighthouse that is supposedly haunted (or maybe Tony's just pulling my leg because I'm reading about it on the Cabrillo National Monument website and I see no such stories about it being haunted :/ lol). It's got this super cool spiral staircase which I did not take a picture of because of my fear of heights and there wasn't much room to do much in the lighthouse. We walked around some more, went to the gift shop, and then decided to head back to the hotel to check-in. So I opened the rest of my goodies and he got me a scarf from anthropologie, made a penguin card from scratch :) and a mix CD. Extremely thoughtful and heartfelt gifts :). *pictured below*

I ended up staying at a DoubleTree. It was actually a really nice room and they had Neutrogena brand soaps and shampoos/conditioners (fancy schpancy for me! better than the generic stuff that makes you feel like you still need to wash your hands after you've just washed them lol). Later on that night I got to meet some of his friends (one of which looks like the Asian dude from The Fast and the Furious) and then we went to have sushi (yumes!). After that we went and got boba at Tea Station and then we decided to call it a night 'cause we shared a large sake bomb and I was definitely buzzed lol (what happened to me?! weak sauce :( ). So we get back to the hotel (keep in mind that for some reason there's like no Asians in this part of San Diego lol) and we're walking towards the hotel and Tony's like looking around desperately for a trashcan. I'm like, "We look extra Asian carrying in our boba drinks huh?" and he's like "Why do you think I'm looking for a trashcan?" lol. Seriously though, at Jake's Del Mar I was experiencing culture shock with all the Caucasians around.






I'll end my post here for now. Hope ya'll had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. cuteeeeeee penguin card!!! and scarf. :) yay! glad you had a great vday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...