Tuesday, September 06, 2011

gorgeous

paper crown spring 2012 collection preview
Ahhhh... what a beaut! If only I had something to wear this bad boy to. I love how the rouching would totally hide my pooch and the lacy back... well you'd definitely be bringing sexy back (my lame sense of humor is making its comeback! yay!).

So I recently subscribed to Lauren Conrad's site, which is actually quite extensive, to my surprise. I didn't realize that besides her LC Lauren Conrad line at Kohl's, she also has another line called Paper Crown sold at Nordy's and other online boutiques. The line itself is sleek, simple, and sophisticated which is perfect for this transition from "college kid" to "working woman" that I think many of us are going through. Although my current budget won't allow me to purchase any of the items I'm currently coveting from the collection, my Forever 21 look-a-likes will have to do for now.

I've been subscribed for the last couple of days and her posts are actually quite useful. Today's post was her "Working Girl's Style Staples: Top Ten" which is exactly what I've been looking for to transform my "kiddie" wardrobe into something more timeless. Her top 10 list included the following:


  1. White Button Down Shirt - check!
  2. Black Pants - check!
  3. Black Pumps - check!
  4. Neutral Sweater - haven't pull out my fall/winter sweaters yet but I don't believe I have one yet.
  5. Simple Flats - just bought some flats from Gap!
  6. Long Sleeve Silk Blouse - still looking for one... although I did buy a 3/4 sleeve black one this weekend :/
  7. Basic Blazer - check!
  8. Black Tights - check!
  9. Black Tote Bag - I think a Longchamp bag is a good substitute :)
  10. Colored Silk Crepe Top - (going to sound like a complete dozo here but crepe top just makes me think of food lol so I definitely don't have one of these lol)
Besides the blazer and the pumps (even though I just bought a blazer this weekend :-x), all other items would work well in the pharmacy (that's not to say you can't wear the blazer and pumps outside of the pharmacy :D hehe). Maybe I should work on a post of Top 10 items for the fashionista pharmacist! lol. I'm sure there's already something like that out there.

Anywhos, I'm trying to work on a few other posts including one on the cruise and my Labor Day fashion haul. Hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day! Now I will go and enjoy the rest of my day off at Disneyland with my lovely ladies! It's a hard life... I know :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...