Sunday, September 04, 2011

september week 1

the help
On Tuesday August 30th, I went to watch The Help with Judy. Such a great movie! I'd highly recommend it. Prepare for sniffles. The whole theatre was sniffling so you know that means I was like bawling. I even heard this guy behind us saying it was a good movie hahaha. Emma Stone was so good too! Go see it... now! lol

Labor Day weekend started early on Friday. I drove down to San Diego which took so friggin long! I totally forgot that it was Labor Day weekend but I had a whole 4 hours of reminders in the form of wanting to pull my hair out and stab myself to death. I had to go get Starbucks as soon as I got there just to stay awake. We went to eat at Miami Grille... again :). Jamaican jerk chicken. Enough said. So. So. Good. Their chop chops are also super good. *drools*

image credit
After dinner we went to Children's Pool in La Jolla and checked out the beached seals lol. They looked like slugs on the sand especially when they started moving. I was pretty beat after being stuck in traffic all day so we decided to go home and watch a movie. We ended up watching Bad Teacher which was somewhat funny but oh gahd... such a horrible movie! I don't think I've ever said that about a movie but this one was like one of those "I can never get back those 2 hours in my life!" lol.

Jake's Del Mar - view from outside the restaurant
Saturday morning we had a triple date planned with Tony's friends at Jake's Del Mar (Yelp). The restaurant itself is super nice and their food is pretty good. Tony and I actually went here on our first date in San Diego :) I would say my only complaint is that their menu is very small. I got the salmon and Tony got the sea bass. We also got the Ahi Poke Roll Appetizer and Calamari which were delish. I also got a Sandy's Beach Tea which is just ice tea, lemonade and vodka.









Jake's Del Mar - our view from inside the restaurant
After lunch we went shopping! Yay! Finally got some deals at Forever 21. Hopefully I'll get to showcase them soon! Also got some ballet flats from Gap! They're super comfortable but hopefully they won't kill my feet at work. I also found some cute stuff at American Eagle online since they're having their 40% off sale + free shipping! Too many Labor Day sales! ahh!

Hope everyone's Labor Day weekends are going great! I just got home from work not too long ago but now I have 2 days off :). It's like an interrupted 4 day weekend. Yay for holiday pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...