Thursday, January 12, 2012

november jewelmint purchases

For the month of November, I also made quite a few Jewelmint purchases.

I ordered the Bewitchmint Mystery Bag which was a super deal since you get 2 items for $29.99. I don't even have that many Jewelmint pieces but I was still worried that they were going to give me a duplicate. Anyways, the 2 items I ended up getting were the Morning Rain Earrings (my first earrings from Jewelmint!) and the Silver Zip Bracelet (I just realized this was my first bracelet from Jewelmint too lol... maybe they were trying to get me to branch out from my orders of only necklaces and rings :/)


Silver Zip Bracelet
My thoughts: I'm not a big fan of bangle type bracelets and I loved the zipper look of this bangle but I didn't want to purchase it because my wrists are very small and I felt like I'd be better off getting something that was more adjustable. When I first opened the package I was a little disappointed to find the Silver Zip Bracelet. There's also a Bronze Zip Bracelet and in Holly's video she had recommended the Bronze one for people that liked to wear two toned jewelry. I'm actually surprised by how well this goes with my other everyday bracelets from Express. Here's a picture of how they look together. I totally love how well they mesh! This is pretty much my go-to combo now in addition to 2 other bracelets I added from a recent jewelry haul from Forever 21. 




Morning Rain Earrings
My thoughts: I saw these earrings on Holly and they look so nice on her! But unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the dangly things. Maybe I'm just like constantly whipping my head back and forth (...I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth...) but those danglies get all stuck and then they look like a broken leg bending the wrong way at the knee. It's good if you don't move your head that much. They look very navajo inspired and I like the Jewelmint detail on the back. I won't be wearing these too much since I don't wear earrings to work but they are good for going out.



sorry! i don't know where the ring is. 

So for the month of November, my Top Match was the Starburst Ring. I absolutely LOVED this ring on the site. I know it's very simple and doesn't look unique to Jewelmint but I still loved it lol. That was until I actually got it lol. So far, all the rings I've gotten from Jewelmint have been very loose on me and with this ring having such a large topper, it was very prone to becoming lopsided when worn. It looks a lot better on than in the box though. I've worn this ring a few times since I've gotten it and it is still toppling over because the ring portion is too big. I ordered a size 6 and wear this ring on my middle finger and it's still too big for me. I did get a compliment on it once so I think if you have a larger finger, I think this ring would be nice. Maybe you can try to do that "ring adjusting" thing I saw on ExtraPetite. Make sure to subscribe if you like her blog! She's one of my favorite bloggers.

Anyways, this post is super late but I never got the chance to take a picture of the Starburst ring lol and now I can't even find it :/. Hopefully these items will come back into stock if you guys like them!

Happy Thursday! It's actually my "Sunday" since I have to work tomorrow and all weekend so send me some good vibes! Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...