Monday, February 06, 2012

January 2012 Goals Progress


So now that the month of January has come to an end, I wanted to recap on some of the specific goals I wanted to accomplish. Sadly, many of them did not get accomplished which means they are getting moved to February lol. Those closest to me know that January has been a pretty taxing month for me (just some family drama making the home life a little unbearable) so I'm hoping that I'll have more fruitful results next month!




January:
  • Completely finish renaming/updating my music library --> moved to February
    • Oh goodness... didn't realize how much music I had. I'm only on the BBMak LOL. Goal has now been moved to February lol. I'm thinking of breaking it down to a single letter of the alphabet a day which means I'll need 26 days minus the weekends so I probably won't be done until March. 
  • Get my employee benefits... even if I have to call HR every single day this month lol --> on hold
    • So, HR department is literally retarded. Reader's digest version is that basically they had no idea that I was supposed to have benefits until I contacted them in December because I was rehired. After a million calls, they finally sent me an enrollment package that stated that I would have to sign up by January 18th. I did not receive the package until the 20th. I call them again to query about the discrepancy only to find out that my case was closed because they came to the conclusion that I missed my enrollment and couldn't enroll until open enrollment which is in June. If I say anymore I'm just going to get super upset. 
  • Plan vacation itinerary for Hawaii in March <-- ongoing
    • Still in the planning process because I've been trying to track down things that the locals do since both me and Tony have been to many of the tourist spots on Oahu but apparently what all the locals do is eat (according to my sources lol) so all that's on my list of things to do is eat haha. I'll probably post a separate page on all the spots we're planning on hitting up.
  • Get ready for tax season by printing/gathering all necessary documents <-- ongoing
    • W-2 form has been received and I've printed out all the tax documents for 2011 from all my banks and also from my undergrad loans through SallieMae and Direct Loans. Based on my "estimate" on TurboTax, it should be a pretty big return... but we shall see. To go towards a down-payment on a house or to pay off my loans? Not sure what to do :/
  • Annual check-up for my woman parts lol <-- CHECK!
    • Well actually, I didn't get a check-up because I wasn't due yet so technically it's not done but I guess it's at least done for now lol. 
  • Get annual free credit report/score <-- moved to February
    • This literally only takes 2 seconds but I've been so lazy lol. I'm thinking it's not really going to change that much in the next couple of months right? lol. 
  • Do something nice for my coworkers. <-- CHECK!

Other:
  • For the months of December and January, I was able to get holiday pay and also some overtime so my paychecks were a decent amount. Like I said previously, I was able to take over other people's vacations so I was working 5 days instead of my usual 3 days per week. I was able to make an extra loan payment on my grad school loans (which has the highest interest rates). I'm not sure how the whole shebang works but I'm hoping it'll cut down on my interest accrual so that I won't have to spend the next 10 years paying off my grad school loans. 

I hope everyone is on track with their goals for the year! I know I haven't accomplished much so far but knowing that I haven't done much motivates me to do more. Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend!! I'm heading down to SD for the weekend so it shall be fun! Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...