Saturday, November 24, 2012

#winterlicious Tag

I was going to do the I Heart Fall tag but being that I'm so late getting on that train, I thought I'd start on the Macbarbie07's Winterlicious Tag. Hope you enjoy!


1. Favorite Winter Nail Polish.
I love wearing deep reds during the holidays. The two polishes I happen to have already are Cocktail Waitress by ULTA and 228B Chelsea by NYC In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish. I also like doing an accent nail in Essie's Set in Stones. This was actually my first time using an ULTA nail polish and I really love the formula. It's not super thick like some polishes can be. No bubbling and I didn't have to be super careful either. I might look into getting more of these polishes. 


2. Favorite Winter lip product.
For my birthday, I got a Fresh gift set from my friend Pearl and it happened to contain a Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment. I absolutely love the deep burgundy color! Not only does it keep my lips super moisturized but the color payoff is as good as a lipstick. I was definitely surprised. I am also really enjoying the packaging. I really like the fact that there's a twist at the end when you cap the lip stick that seals it so it doesn't get accidentally uncapped. Definitely love this feature. 


3. Most worn Winter clothing piece.
My most worn winter item isn't very winter-y since the weather in Southern California has been a steady 70-80s during the day. I've been super loving my burgundy knit jeggings from American Eagle. I don't know what it is about this color but it seriously matches with everything in my closet and it's been my go-to item. I love pairing it with an oversized sweater or a flowy chiffon shirt. 



4. Most worn Winter accessory.
I don't wear a lot of accessories on a daily basis just because everything tends to get in the way at work. However, with the holidays coming up, I predict I'll be wearing these Jewelmint earrings a lot. These are the Forever Audrey Earrings. I love that there aren't any colors so they match everything. I've been wearing these with a high bun and a long sweater paired with tights and it really elevates the outfit so that it looks less "bummy" lol. 


5. Favorite winter scent/candle.
I recently bought a wax burner from Walmart made by Better Homes and Gardens and I've been loving the "Candied Caramel Pecan" scent. It makes our place smell like freshly baked cookies every day! I usually don't like winter-y scents because they smell way too strong but this one is light enough to "burn" daily. I just use one wax cube. I would highly recommend this for people who have parents that are extremely afraid that they might burn down their home or have parents that remind them daily not to burn candles for this reason (my reason lol). Also, for those that wanted to buy a Scentsy, this is a more affordable and accessible version. The warmer was $15.00 and the wax was $2.00 for 6 pieces of wax. 


6. Favorite Winter beverage.
My favorite winter beverage has to be the Caramel Brulee Latte at Starbucks. I also love the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha. I've never tried the Gingerbread Latte. I'm very afraid of gingerbready-y drinks for some odd reason lol. 

7. All time favorite Christmas/Holiday movie.
This has got to be Elf!! This is seriously the best movie everrrrrr for the holidays!! I'm actually watching it as I'm typing this post up lol. It's super cute and it reminds me of the innocence of a little kid discovering things for the first time.  


8. Favorite Christmas/Holiday song.
I really love the "Baby, It's Cold Outside" song. I also love Mariah Carey's, "All I Want for Christmas". I seriously can't walk into a mall during the holidays and not hear the Mariah Carey song at least once but I love it haha.

9. Favorite Holiday food/treat?
I don't think I really have a favorite holiday food or treat. I can't really think of one at the moment so I'll probably update this when the holidays come around and I have something that I'm super craving.

10. What is your favorite Christmas Decoration this year?

I don't really have a favorite Christmas decoration but I do love all things penguin related. All this penguin stuff is seriously going to make me broke!

11. What's at the top of your Christmas list?
It's funny because when you're a kid, you can make lists and lists and lists of things you want but as an adult, I can't seem to pinpoint what I want at all lol. I guess at this age, all the things I want are extremely expensive and I would never want to put that burden on anyone. Maybe the goal is to start liking less expensive things haha. The things I want aren't really things at all. For instance, I really want to travel next year. I currently have 3 weeks vacation at my current job and I really want to go somewhere nice with the bf. In 2011, the bf and I went on a cruise to Mexico which was super fun (I LOVE cruises!!). In 2012, we went to Oahu for my good friend, Lauren's wedding. Hopefully we'll be able to settle on a place for next year. There are just so many places I'd love to travel to but not enough money or time to do so which is really sad since we don't have a mortgage to pay or kids to take care of yet so this should be the time to travel. One thing I do regret not doing in college is traveling abroad. It's a lot of money but hell, you'll pay it back later and the memories and life experiences you gain are priceless. When you're in the real world, you'll come to see that vacation time is hard to come by. Now that I'm a working woman and I have some extra cash to use, I can't seem to find the time to get away. 
hawaii 2012

12. What are your plans for the holidays this year?
I don't really have holiday plans with my family this year. My employer has decided that it would be a great idea to be open on Christmas Day (blasphemy, I know) and I volunteered to work. My family, all three of us, aren't really big celebrators of holidays so it doesn't really affect me anyways. I plan on spending the holidays in San Diego with the bf's family. I do have two celebrations with friends though, a White Elephant Holiday Party with the bf's friends and our annual Fab Five Holiday Celebration/Sophie's Birthday Party! I absolutely LOVE our Fab Five Christmas Parties because my crafty friends get to showcase just how crafty they are lol. I just can't wait!
xmas 2010









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...