Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coachella: The Music


When I was in high school I took piano as an elective. Our teacher made us do this experiment as part of his research for his masters degree (maybe? don't remember). He made us to listen to a song and write down what we thought and felt. He said just to jot down things as fast as we could while the song played. His theory was that music affects our mood and thoughts. If you read my About Me section, you would know that I'm all for movies or TV shows with great music. When The OC first came out, one of the major things that made me love that show so much was that they always played great music. This past weekend at Coachella I discovered some new tracks that I fell in love and here's a few I'd like to share with ya'lls.


Tegan and Sara
(sorry I realize I can't embed the videos but the songs are worth a trip over to YouTube!)

Now I'm All Messed Up



I Was A Fool
 
-love the piano


Goodbye, Goodbye
-love the chorus

---

Wild Belle
(if you like santigold, you'll definitely like this)

Keep You



Another Girl



---

Phoenix

Chloroform (sorry the quality isn't good but this was the only video I could find that was decent)


My old roommate from pharmacy school and I used to find the greatest joy in discovering new (to us) music so hopefully you enjoyed those tunes. My Coachella blog post should be up soon. Sorting through all the footage and pictures right now. We shall talk again soon!




2 comments:

  1. Cute blog!

    When you get a chance, stop by my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beautiful!

    I love this songs! <3

    Do u want to follow each other? I'm already following u!

    xx from

    http://letoileduphare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...